The Revenge of the Exports!!

Hello everyone!

I was trying to edit a video just under 1:15 on my mid-2012 13" Macbook Pro( 2.5 GHZ Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, El Capitan 10.11.6), but when I try to export at Pro Res (typically the fastest codec to export), it says it will take 3 1/2 hours, and after 20 minutes, it said : 3:20. Any other codec just makes the computer crash. The audio is at the default rate, and I've had no problem exporting this clip before, as well as many other projects, one of which was at H.264 at 35 mbps, and was just under 1 hour. 

Thank you so much,

Behind The Lens

Comments

• The minimum requirements increased after the latest patch. It's very noticeable to me having half the system being on that minimum line.

If you're using the Pro version, I have no idea, I'm using the Express version.

HitFilm is not as smooth as it should be though, mind boggling that the CEO of this company said in an interview that any entry PC can run the software, I suppose that makes sense, it'll run, but not smoothly, ahhh marketing....

• Didn't update to latest patch, citing issues reported on disappearing Boris FX tools, but glad that didn't anyway. But great then... because there's no possible way that I can upgrade my computer right now, and I thought that HF would be the lowest-spec-needed editor that was at least a step up from iMovie (which I was last using)

• Thanks for the quick response though, really appreciate it.

• Um..what is the latest update version number? I'm running update 6.

I can tell you that I for one will not upgrade any further until the software becomes more friendly.  There is no reason that a Mac of my caliber shouldn't be able run Hitfilm smoothly

Funny thing is I can load up AE  and run Element 3D w/ model packs with little problem. For me this is important. Why on Earth the developers can't bring Hitfilm into the working class's budget is beyond me. Yea..softwares cheap but you need a 4000$ machine to run it. Not good.

• Running update 5. But the problem is that this has happened out of the blue, I didn't change the software or anything, but after 2 1/2 hours for an export that should take under a minute (even on my slightly-below-spec mac), the audio is totally messed up on the clip. I didn't move the synced audio since I last successfully exported the clip. So whatever's going on, it's not good, and it really makes me frustrated, since I don't expect a $350 program to a) not be able to run well at all on a computer that isn't old at all, and whose specs aren't horrible or b) fail all of a sudden. This is the first time I've worked with a program like this (previously, I worked on short skits and stuffs with my friends, and edited them in about an hour in iMovie), and I only chose it over Adobe because of it's one-time-pay billing stuff (this was a birthday present)

But.... back to the topic

Yeah... weird stuff. I contacted the help service, but now I have to wait till Monday, which is annoying, because this video stuff is a hobby, so the weekdays mean slow work on short films. But anyway....

• No idea what you guys are experiencing, 1 minute to 2 hours sounds kind of insane. I only notice small changes in workflow, not render times.

Sign in to comment