Re-opening Comps crashes Hitfilm 4 Pro

Got a pretty frustrating thing going on for a while already.

After closing a comp tab, if I re-open the tab to try to make quick adjustments, the program would crash every single time. Sometimes, if I reopen them from the project window it'll be fine, SOMETIMES. But most of the time I'd be opening comps by double clicking on them on the timeline. Any fix for this?

Comments

• You know your going to get asked your specs right, so just give them up. :)

Might be a dodgy project, have you tried doing a rough new project to see if it continues in the new project?

• Yeah, some details of your machine would be helpful: OS, CPU, GPU, RAM. Also, is this related to one specific project, or does it happen in every project? If its a single project, how many composite shots are contained in it, and how many of them exhibit this behavior?

• FWIW, I'm experiencing, more or less, the same issue as @orhceh.  Typically, I reopen composite shots from the Editor time-line by double-clicking them.  I'd say about 1 in 3 times it will crash Hitfilm 4 Pro.  I haven't tried opening them from the media panel, so I can't comment on that.

I haven't been able to pick up on a pattern at the moment (assuming there's a common culprit causing the crash).  Most the composite shots I do are simple - generally sticking with text and jpeg images to create a "pan & zoom" effect or create titles and things like that.

Also, some key system specs (custom build PC): Intel Core i7 4790K, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-2400 RAM, Nvidia GTX980 Ti (368.81 drivers), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (up-to-date), latest Hitfilm 4 Pro installed.

I'll see if I can spend a bit of time trying to find a common cause.  I'll post back if I find anything.  And if anyone needs me to try something, just let me know. :)

• oh crap forgot to post it up let's see...

i7 3770k, 16gb (2x8gb), windows 10 home 64bit updated, gtx 1060 (YES!)

A rough pattern that I'm guessing at the moment would be that the system takes time to set in any new changes that you've made to the comp (regardless if you've actually made changes or not). if i leave the comp alone and reopen it say a few minutes later it does open without a problem.

The problem happens rather often for me. I don't think it's a ram issue either, I normally work without any other window open.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment