HitFilm Ignite wont open (Resolved)

edited March 17 in Ignite Support

I downloaded the trial for hitfilm ignite and after I installed it I selected try for free then that page will close and nothing will happen. Help!

Specs

OS - Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Processor - Intel Core i7 CPU 3.40 Ghz

RAM - 8 GB DDR4

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Hitfilm Ignite is Plug-ins for other NLE's like Vegas, Avid,  FCPX, Premiere, etc. It is not a stand alone program. It does not work with Hitfilm Express. 

WhatNLEs do you have? 

• AdyAdy Staff
    edited July 2016

@MinerDetails29 - As Triem23 has said, HitFilm Ignite is not a standalone product in itself, it's a plug-in package designed for use in other host products.

• edited March 17

Ok, thank you.

• I installed Ignite (the trial version) on Windows10. Same here, when I click on 'try for free', nothing happens - maybe a message box saying "this is not a standalone product, check your video production software for new plugins" would be helpful :)
    I hoped it would appear somewhere as a plugin in my Vegas Pro 11 installation, but I can't see it. Where should it appear?

I do note that the product page and description says that it's a plug in suite for other NLEs.

Ignite, unfortunately, requires Vegas 12 or higher. Magix has taken over Vegas from Sony and is currently selling Vegas Pro 13 for $199 with a free upgrade to 14 later in the year. 

• I want to try Hitfilm ignite , I download  it but it is saying that I should put a serial code and it is also saying that the serial code wll be linked in my account but it not so what should I do??!

@DRMAkram, Ignite is a paid product and a serial code would be provided after purchase. You should be able to ignore the serial number and run Ignite plug-ins in trial mode with a watermark. Unless... @AxelWilkinson Ignite has a Trial mode, correct? 

• Correct, Ignite will run in demo mode, which adds a watermark, until it is activated with the serial code that is provided when you purchase.

@DRMAkram - if you have any further issues, please let us know what host application you are running Ignite under, and what specifically goes wrong.

This discussion has been closed.