Screen resolution error on startup HitFilm 4 Pro (Resolved)

edited July 2016 in Pro Support

Hi Hitfilm,

I get this on startup of Hitfilm 4 Pro trial edition.

"Your screen resolution is smaller than the minimum requirements for this application. ...Your current available screen space is 960 X 520".

I am running two screens on an Nvidia GTX 970 with both screens set at 1920X 1080.

Details of System:

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, twin HD monitors, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

I don't know if the software runs ok - just starting to check it. No probs so far. But only on videos as yet.

Comments

• Hi @SeanTMcHugh, you should probably set your screen scaling factor to 100%; logout, log back in and then try again. This should be explained in the dialog. Make sure you are using the latest version of HitFilm 4 as well.

I explained in another post why this was happening and how to fix it in more details. We are still investigating whether there is something we can do to improve the user experience on this.

• I received the same message, changed my screen scale to 100%, logged out then logged back in, and everything works fine. Glad I found this, Thanks. :)

• @cedricbonnier Thanks a lot! I am getting that error on my small screen laptop, but now I understand why. 

This discussion has been closed.