Live in the USA? Own a drone? You should look at this.

Triem23Triem23 Moderator
edited July 2016 in Filmmaking

The new FAA regulations are in place, and the FAA has an app you can use to plan your flights to make certain you aren't violating airspace rules. For example, the block I live on is no-fly: within five miles of an airport. 

https://www.faa.gov/uas/where_to_fly/b4ufly/

Comments

• edited August 2016

-

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Sarasota what a pain!

Since the FAA app is real-time-updated that could be helpful for knowing if your area is currently "green light" or if you'll need to get the shot and get out. ;-)

• edited August 2016

-

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@Sarasota Everything you just mentioned is why I'm starting out as cheap as possible! Well that and I know me.......I won't get anywhere near as mad at myself for trashing something cheap as I would if I trashed a "real" quad

I've not bothered yet. I've crashed enough of other people's to know not to.

• I have a cheap one that I'm looking to sell, as a matter of fact -- partly due to being in an area where it's difficult to get practice time in (I'm in the city).

If anyone's interested ping me... it's a Phantom2 kit that includes a camera and wireless video, as well as one of the GoProfessional backpacks. :)

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@WhiteCranePhoto  Stuff with actual brand names?? Too rich for my blood....... ;)

• Well, I'm looking for $600 for the whole kit (including a camera. :) )

• edited August 2016

-

• edited August 2016

-

Just the hyperlink. 

• edited August 2016

-

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment