Triem 23's "Hey, I'm Working on THIS!" page (Update: Eagle Transporter Flyby Test Jan 31, 2018)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Spydurhank Thanks! (I've just updated the previous image. I think now you'll see what the "difficult" part was.

• WOW dude!!!! Hot dang!

• @Triem23  Removing that concrete slab in the last shot must have taken some time! And I like what you did with the skies.

@tddavis Surprisingly easy to remove the concrete. Just a rough mask around it, punch the hole, Duplicate the underlying layer, flip it, position it. Clone stamp in Photoshop to fill in the two stones that needed patching, and use the reflection of the Blue Lantern to help hide the seam.

And now---that scream of frustration when you realize your computer is incorrectly configured, and you've been running  Hitfilm Pro 2017 (And HFP4 for the entirety of it's lifecycle) on the Intel HD 4000 and not the expensive Nvidia 980m 8GB that you paid several hundred extra dollars for....

• Oh good point, I haven't checked that...... naaaa it would be a dog to run on my internal MB GPU.

• @Triem23 are you sure HF was using the Intel HD? There's some code to automatically use the dedicated GPU if one can be found. I think we added it in HF4 but I may be wrong on the timing. Definitely let us know if it isn't working for you.

Also, really nice shot ;)

@CedricBonnier according to Nvidia's own Control Panel, HFP4 and HFP2017 were using the Intel.

They're certainly using the Nvidia now!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how the photo shoot turned out, and the edits are coming along nicely.

• @Triem23 hmmm, I'm not sure how accurate this control panel is. If you could create 8K comps / projects before changing the setting in HFP2017 then it definitely wasn't using the Intel HD 4000.

You may be right, sir. The nvidia software could be wonky.

• It's not necessarily that nvidia's control panel is wonky, rather that we are using an API that overrides the behaviour set in it.

edited January 2017

Even better. :-) Also @CedricBonnier you got the 1000th comment in this thread!

You win something... I'll figure it out another time. ;-) Probably just me finishing up that Spam Wars short.

Just noting the existence of the Facebook page... 

www.Facebook.com/TriemVisual

And the Twitter feed... 

@TriemVisual

And the new YouTube channel, which one can conveniently subscribe to after checking out this three pack of lower thirds that are up on the Hitfilm Preset Marketplace. 

https://youtu.be/pOP6MxXJmgE

• Nice set of lower thirds Mike, although I did read someone says that this style was a bit dated now, the clean Text look being the new look. That said, I am sure people will find a use, or learn from them. I know I will.

@Andy001z meh, trends change. shapes cycle between organic, angled, round, rounded and straight. Colors cycle from textured to gradient to plain. Whatever is the current top trend is the combination I am least likely to do. I'm perverse that way. ;-) 

I think a variation the basic technique would look pretty sweet as a way to draw in a hologram or HUD. :D

• @Andy001z Triem23 is right styles change all the time and all of the sudden what was dated is new again. I chuckled when @inScapeDigital said pointy things are out. 

• +1 Great lower 3rd's Mike.

• All true people look a ripped jeans in out in out shake it all about. 

edited January 2017

Thanks, guys! 

And now for something completely different... Scopes. The gang here was nice enough to let me ramble a bit. 

https://youtu.be/zZgf1Pm193M

edited January 2017

@Spydurhank ty.

Observation--When I purchased Abode CS6, it was a from a third party retailer. Before I purchased, I contacted Adobe and verified that this was a valid reseller. It was. I still have those emails saved. I just re-read them.

So now, when I try to log into my Adobe Photoshop I get redirected to Adobe's servers which tell me that my CS6 isn't Genuine Adobe. Oh, I can keep using it, but this pop-up about my software not being "genuine" pops up every five minutes....

Well, Adobe--I still have the Tech Support Logs with you where you reassured me that the reseller I purchased from was an authorised reseller of your product. If you want to tell me now that my CS6 isn't "Genuine," that's your damn fault, and you can give me another CS6. Or, we can part ways and I'll complete my transition to GIMP and Howler. My compositing is already on Hitfilm, so, you know, I don't really need you, and you aren't getting me into ransomware.

General Info
    Chat start time  Oct 21, 2014 7:04:36 AM EST
    Chat end time  Oct 21, 2014 7:36:05 AM EST
    Duration (actual chatting time)  00:31:28
    Operator  Sindhurani

Chat Transcript
    info: Thank you for your patience.

While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

info: You are now chatting with Sindhurani.
    Sindhurani: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
    Sindhurani: Hi Michael .
    Michael Miller: Hello.
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to triem23@yahoo.com at the end of your chat.
    Michael Miller: I purchased Adobe Production Premium CS6 (Windows) from this reseller: http://www.technetmicro.com/Adobe-Production-Premium-CS6-for-Windows-_p_53.html I expected a DVD Boxed set, I got a USB stick with a note saying this was part of a "Commercial Volume License," that would "automatically attach itself to my account" after activation. This seems odd to me. All I am trying to do is determine if this is a legal purchase from a legal seller. I do not have the serial number available as I have not opened the package yet. The reseller says they will not accept returns or refunds for the software once I have opened the package--and the activation key is inside.
    Sindhurani: Okay, I understand your Production Premium CS6  order issue, I will be glad to check and assist you .
    Michael Miller: Thank you.
    Sindhurani: You are welcome.
    Sindhurani: Please allow me a moment to search for the information.

Sindhurani: Michael , I would like to inform you that you have purchase the software from authorized  reseller .
    Michael Miller: Awesome--Thank you very much. The way the installation agreement was worded, i was worried that I had purchased pirated software.
    Michael Miller: Ok, you have told me this is an authorized reseller. This means that the software I have purchased is a legal license. Therefore, you have successfully answered my question, and that concludes this tech support session. Thank you for your time, thank you for your help, and I hope you have a pleasant day. :-)
    Michael Miller: You can close this case number.
    Sindhurani: Please allow me a moment while I check on this.
    Michael Miller: Oh, you're still checking on the software? Sorry--I thought you were done. :-)
    Sindhurani: Yes I did check about this again.
    Sindhurani: You can go ahead and use the software as normally you will not face any interruptions.
    Sindhurani: However we will follow up this issue with our relevant team.
    Michael Miller: Ok, thank you.
    Michael Miller: Is there anything else you need from me tonight?
    Sindhurani: No Michael , go ahead and use the software without any issues !
    Sindhurani: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Michael Miller: Again, thank you for your time and help, Sindhurani, and have a good rest of your day. :-)
    Sindhurani: Thank you, Wish you the same Michael !
    Sindhurani: It's my pleasure chatting with you today. You have a great day and take care.
    Sindhurani: You may receive an email that will contain a link to complete an optional survey to provide your feedback on the support experience. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
    Sindhurani: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!
  • You probably already know this but for a Photoshop replacement be sure to check out Affinity Photo.

Scopes LowerThirds on the Preset Marketplace. 

https://youtu.be/AQrfsTw8EeQ

• Brilliant!  I kept wondering why I would need scopes on a layer and not on the final output.  Now I know.  Thanks, Michael.  A lot of possibilities there.

• Great tutorial! I've already passed it along to my Hitfilm convert friends!!! :P

edited January 2017

@Keegan Thanks, man! :-)

And now--one little preview frame...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/378/32254216810_2bce1ab721_o.png

• @Triem23  Sweet!  Looks incredible.

edited January 2017

Huh--some guy one the Hitfilm Editor's user group on Facebook actually quite the group because I wouldn't immediately tell him what the video is for....

Which is this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1J4d9ZcELI&feature=youtu.be

@DanielGWood @CedricBonnier @GregoryPapin @Danny77uk @RikkiLoads @Ady You've heard the rumors--soon enough you'll get to see it.

• Just a quick test for no reason in particular--The f-18 was added in HFP 2017... after I had done everything else in 4 Express..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYd6_yKun2Y&feature=youtu.be

Oh, and some scopes thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKxS8amkrGY

• @Triem23 : I have no idea how you churn these out so fast, but they're excellent.

• @DLKeur the animation or tutorial? This last animation is pretty easy. The Star Wars one is a revisit of a shot from last year and was a finishing pass of something that took a very long time to make. Tutorials also take hours and hours... 

Sign in to comment