Intro Advice? UPDATE: Finished the Tech Intro

2»

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

On the insect vision version... Try keyframing the size of the effect with the movement of the particles--pull tighter on the contraction, then widen back out on the explosion (or vice-versa. What the hell.). That will do some interesting things you may or may not like.

The waves one isn't really working for me. Too distracting.

For the circuit board look, same some drawing time: Google a circuit board and download a nice one. In Hitfilm use Threshold to drop it to black and white, and maybe a matte choker, erode or a touch of blur to clean up the edges. This will give you a luma matte that you can use to drive color channels or cut out of the text.

Although that's a totally different look from the image you linked....

• edited June 2016

"That will do some interesting things you may or may not like."
    Only one way to find out!

"Although that's a totally different look from the image you linked...."

Different isn't always bad. Most of the time I can imagine things in my head and I immediately know the steps, effects, and time required to make it. But today I realised that there are those that know leaps and bounds beyond me hahaha. Never claimed to know it all, its just I usually at least understand the concepts. But never would I had thought to...

"For the circuit board look, same some drawing time: Google a circuit board and download a nice one. In Hitfilm use Threshold to drop it to black and white, and maybe a matte choker, erode or a touch of blur to clean up the edges. This will give you a luma matte that you can use to drive color channels or cut out of the text."

Will try this out tonight after work... Midwest timezone so... in about  8 hours I'll share the outcome.

... All hail @Triem23! :)

• @TriFlixFilms

I think the first one is better, I think if your aiming for a more techy look, you should either turn off motion blur or tone it down a few notches. BTW, what frame rate is it set to?

• edited June 2016

@TheAbstract, It was set to 30fps... when I changed the speed it messed all my audio up :(

@Triem23 I am so close I can taste it but like you... I get things backwards 'timessome.' I did the threshold like you suggested and tried playing with ALL of the images blend modes. With both the image and text on top of one another. Here is the final results and its not what I am picturing haha

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rd8mz8xiti2ns44/Capture.JPG?dl=0

I want the Text to be that gray color it was prior and the circuitry to be white... after an hour the head ache is starting to set it. Also the background stays black... I need it to be alpha. Will try it later tonight I suppose :)

UPDATE: Thanks to this thread I got it working. Hurray for 2011! Also I finished the intro... I think.

https://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/1256/masking-text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOFD3jthjww

Sign in to comment