[ANSWERED] How do you get your free license for HitFilm Express?

124»

Comments

• Bem, estou com um problema parecido, Eu Estou tendo muitas dificuldades com o novo hitfilm express 2017, por isso optei pelo hitfilm 4 express, versão um pouco mais antiga, nela, todas os meus problemas foram resolvidos. Mas como eu não tenho o o código de ativação (serial code) Eu não consigo exportar meus projetos, e acontece o mesmo que está acontecendo com vocês. Os problemas que eu estou tendo com o HFE2017 são provenientes da minha placa de vídeo, e não tenho condições de pagar por outra. Gostaria se possível de um serial code para o programa HF4E, já que ele é de graça, não deve ser um problema, estou correto ?

Well, I'm having a similar problem, I'm having a lot of difficulties with the new hitfilm express 2017, so I opted for hitfilm 4 express, a slightly older version on it, all my problems were solved. But since I do not have the activation code (serial code) I can not export my projects, and the same happens to you. The problems I'm having with the HFE2017 come from my video card, and I can not afford to pay for another one. I would, if possible, a serial code for the HF4E program, since it is for free, should not be a problem, am I correct?

Translated By: translate google from PT-BR

• Hi, I've read in a few places this is supposed to be free, but not at all.  I get prompted for a serial number, basically it doesn't let me export , when I do this I get:

"Don't worry, you can unlock all your express options for FREE by activating."

"Click here to activate"

Clicking here now brings up a dialog "Hitfilm 4 Express" Activate & Unlock which - after logging in - now expects a serial to continue.

So I back out of this and choose the next option down "Get a free license" - sounds reasonable - except this is a link to your homepage.  Was this deliberate and did you never intend to let people use it for free?

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@sinbee01 Express activation is free once you register but licenses are no longer being issued for HitFilm 4 Express. There's a newer version, HitFilm Express 2017, so when you choose the Get a Free License option you are being directed to the homepage to register and get the latest free Express version. 

• Edit in Hitfilm Express 4, save the project and use Hitfilm Express 2017 to export it - after you've got your serial for it. Hopefully HFP2017 can export on your Computer, unless your problems are that it doesn't work at all. 

• Hello there,

I am also having trouble. I tried using HitFilm Express 2017 , but it fails to even launch. I made an entire movie on Hitfilm4 Express, and now I fail to export it because your export feature requires a license.

I tried to get a license for Hitfilm4 Express and could not. I tried to get a license for Hitfilm Express 2017, and I did so, but 2017 is useless because it fails to launch.

I do not like your attitude towards customers- a lot of disregard. There is no way I am buying the Pro version for anything. I also want all my wasted time back! I am going to find a new program that can make a quick and dirty vlog video because that's really all I need.

If this is out of disregard, shame on you. If this is out of stupidity, get better programmers on the case.

PS

there is absolutely no way I am buying your pro versions

sincerely,

angry Hitfilm customer

@murrkimbai I'm sorry you're having problems but I have to ask why you made an entire project before attempting to get a free license to activate the software? 

There is a known issue with HitFilm Express 2017 and the Intel HD 4000 series GPU. The developers are working on it so if you have an HD 4000 series GPU there will be a fix soon.

If you don't have an HD 4000 then what are your system specs? Do you meet the minimum spec? Are your GPU drivers up to date? Have you tried contacting support?

• My computer specs are

processor:
    AMD A8 4500 APU with Radeon HD graphics
    4 of those

Memory- 8GB
    HDD 750 GB
    A8 Vision AMD

This is all I could dig up. What to do next?  Are these the right specs? I have not contacted support yet

@murrkimbai Unfortunately HitFilm does not support the integrated Radeon HD graphics of an AMD APU. The only integrated GPU's supported by HitFilm are from Intel. Any GPU from AMD or Nvidia needs to be a discrete GPU. The minimum specs are:

• Windows PC - 64-bit version of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
    • Apple Mac - OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan or macOS 10.12 Sierra
    • Internet connection required for online activation and web services
    • Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or AMD equivalent
    • 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
    • Graphics processor with at least 512 MB video memory.
      2GB or more recommended for 4K UHD.
      Earliest graphics cards HitFilm supports:
      • NVIDIA GeForce 9 Series (2008)
      • AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series (2009)
      • Intel HD Graphics 4000 (GT2) (2012)
  •  Is it possible then to get a serial code for Hit Film 4 Express, since I only have a license for Hit Film 2017 Express? Hit Film4 Express works on my computer. I can't afford a new computer. I just need to get my finished video exported. I worked on it all day. I thought Hit Film 4 would work smoothly because it opened.

I think that is the subject of the whole discussion on this forum. Where does one get a license for the (not 2017) Hitfilm 4 Express version?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited July 20

@murrkimbai FXHOME is no longer issuing license codes for Hitfilm 4 Express or Pro. 

Hitfilm Express 2017 and Hitfilm 4 Express have the same system requirements. While 4 Express might have been struggling through for a bit you're still under minimum spec anyway. 

For the record this is a user forum. Moderators are not staff, do not work for FxHome and we're merely  volunteer users who occasionally delete posts when we hit spam. I bring this up because I am puzzled why you're making comments about FXHOME disregarding their customers. To be blunt, FXHOME only has the 2017 version of Hitfilm available, so you downloaded Hitfilm 4 from an unauthorized vendor. You then jumped into a long term project without doing a quick test of the software. You then seem to have downloaded from here without reading the minimum system specs, then enter the forum, insult the dev team, then bring it back to the "subject of this thread" being getting a Hitfilm 4 license. Well, Aladdin answered that IN this thread several days ago, so you also didn't read this thread. As I see it, you made your own problems on this one. 

Oh. FXHOME is no longer issuing licenses for Hitfilm 4. You can't get one. 

•  Hello Triem23,

the reason why I insulted HitFilm was because of its sneaky traps that look like miscommunications and promises of ease of use. I am very glad Aladdin4d answered my post without insulting the customer (me). Clearly, your colleague Aladdin4d is an actual volunteer.

I do not want to argue with you, I just want to have an easy experience in movie making. Clearly this software is a sophisticated software for sophisticated users.

Well, since I am not a good enough customer for you, I guess I have just lost the right to use the software. No problem, I am complacent in this matter and will just stay away from Hitfilm.

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff
    edited July 20

Hello @murrkimbai,

I’m sorry you haven’t had a good experience on the forums. There has been a recent issue with HitFilm Express 2017 not running efficiently on the same system requirements as are (currently) running your HitFilm 4 Express product in demo mode. Our developers have been working hard on this and we released an update today which should fix this issue. We do not provide HitFilm 4 Express licenses any longer, as they are now superceded by the new version.

You’ve mentioned that you haven’t yet contacted support - please do send us a ticket (here: hitfilm.com/questions/submit) so that one of our dedicated customer support officers can help you with your specific issue. While the forums are manned by staff, it can be difficult to keep up and this way you will get our full attention immediately.

Just to reiterate what Triem23 and Aladdin have said, they are only volunteer moderators on the forums (and fantastic users) - it is only myself and other forum posters with the label ‘staff’ who speak on behalf of the developers.

I hope that helps - rest assured that we provide free software because we want to see filmmakers make amazing things with fewer hurdles. We certainly want you to have an 'easy experience' as you say, and apologise that this was not the case on this occasion. 

• @DanielGWood i had similar problem of serial number, i am lucky to cross into this thread while sorting for solutions and i am glad to say it is resolved. Great work to the staffs and admins, thumbs up

• Hello, why when I want to export my project, the program asks me for serial code ? 

• @Kivis2017

It sounds like your software isn't activated. If you're using HitFilm Express 2017, you can follow the steps in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCKI3S3E3qo

If you're using HitFilm Pro, you'll need to buy a license, and activate with your email address and password.

• Hey hitfilm crew,

please give me some support, i can simply not find a way to export my already edited video either.

i already had "hitfilm express" on my pc. when i went to export it said that the version is in demo mode. i didnt receive any serial code and at the same time i do not WANT  to purchase and pay for another verison. i know people like my mom who have the programme and for them it worked.

now i followed the link someone left in this discussion:
    http://hitfilm.com/software-update/hitfilm-4-express

still, after installing, it would be the same: ASKING ME FOR A SERIAL NUMBER:

what now? please help me out as all i need to do is export my video and do simple , basic editing stuff.

thanks a lot!

•  @HitFilmer107683 ; Assuming you are posting here with the Email account you used when you signed into Hitfilm Express, naviagate up to the "Menu" button on the top right of this page and click on it and then go to A

"account" and click on that.  It should give a list of all serials for any versions you have previously installed and you can click on a link that says, "View Activations" to see what ones are activated.   If you used a different email, sign in to the forum with that then follow the above.  Hope this helps. 

Another problem is the link you posted is for HitFilm 4 Express, an old version, and license keys are no longer being issued for it. The current version is HitFilm Express 2017 available here:

https://hitfilm.com/express

Your current project should still open in HitFilm Express 2017

•  This thread has helped me out massively, Thank you very much :) 

• plzz redemption code

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment