Kung Fu Motion Visualization

As a martial arts instructor, I found this very interesting.  This is a video called "Kung Fu Motion Visualization."  It got me thinking about how hard it would be to do something like this in Hitfilm.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Neat video!

Hmmmm... That looks like motion captured data taken into a full 3D package to generate geometry. That particular effect is outside of Hitfilm's capabilities.

There are some echo and trails effects in the Temporal effects group, but those will give more of a classic multiple exposure effect.

If a model were properly marked with tracking dots, maybe all the different points could be tracked and used as rigs for particle emitters of flares or something that, combined with the Temporal effects could get some neat abstract patterns? I'll think about this.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

@senseihaynes Thanks for sharing the video

Wow!  That's pretty blow away.  Looks like something you would see at Siggraph, accompanied by a dissertation paper.

Looks like this is custom code and would be nigh on to impossible in any commercial package.   But as Triem said, its definitely motion tracking of some sort  (followed by some wicked custom code).

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment