Searching the Forum

Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator
edited February 2016 in Everything Else

Just thought I would throw this out there.  

Many questions that are asked like "Whats the best graphics card?" or "How do I do this?" have often been asked and answered before on the forum.

A handy thing I use when researching some basic concepts with HF like tracking, masks, etc. is it use a little search routine in my browser:

site:hitfilm.com/forum/ <search string>

For example:

site:hitfilm.com/forum/ tracking

will bring up all sorts of discussions on tracking in HF.

Or try:

site:hitfilm.com/forum/ best computer

to get a list of discussions about computer set ups and buying tips.

I can't take credit for this because I stole it off this forum from an all knowing user who shared this little tidbit.   You can use this technique to search other forums, as well.   For example I use this to search the Newtek Lightwave forum for compositing discussions:

site:forums.newtek.com lightwave compositing

Very handy.   While you may not find the answer to every question, chances are the answer you may be looking for may already have been published in the forum. 

Good hunting!

Comments

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator
    edited February 2016

Comment removed because Stargazer54 did a better job

• @Stargazer Sorry I wasn't trying to hijack I just thought you made a thread for searching tips 

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator
    edited February 2016

@Aladdin4d No worries.  Might have been your thread I stole the search line from?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited February 2016

Ah-hah! Useful indeed for those days when you just don't feel like reposting the same answer... Again. 

• Could be I know I've posted about it before

• I guess as a community we should support new users, this search is certainly useful, and I for one would be fine if a user finds an appropriate thread and then if they feel it either does not fully meet their needs or they need an update on the latest view point (after all a lot has changed in Hitfilm and hardware).

Forum Mods : What we need is this kind of tip as a sticky for new users to have on hand. Or old ones that just forget stuff ;)

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator
    edited February 2016

Credit @Aladdin4d.

I guess I should have used the search routine to find the original post!  Apologies and salutations.  Not trying to steal your code, good sir. :)

• @Stargazer54 If I could really take credit for Google code I probably wouldn't be here because I'd have hired minions to do my bidding ;)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment