My way to say Thank you for HitFilm :)

I am so thankful for Freeware HitFilm 3 Express, that after having had used it for a couple of weeks back in November 2015, I wanted to reciprocate and give back to the company in any way I could.

One way was to purchase a couple of add on packs, so I bought the Starter Pack & Pro light flares pack.

Another way was to create a beginners video for complete beginners who were struggling as I initially was with adding text etc.

I am a humble man, this is not about boasting, yet I am happy to say it's about to reach 10,000 views, and has had many positive comments from complete beginners as myself.

I hope with all my heart that this video has helped the company increase community interest and sales in HitFilm, you guys deserve great success because HitFilm is AWESOME :)

Thank you again, and all the best with future growth and development of HitFilm :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-OwICw2pe8

Comments

• Thanks, Yeremyah! Great to hear that your tutorial has done well. There's a lot of people out there who want to know as much as possible about Express and editing/VFX in general. We make as many videos as we can ourselves but it's really helpful when community members also create great content.

• Thank you Simon :)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I'll say this. I've been a bit hard on Yeremyah. In my opinion, he jumped into making tutorials a bit early--jumping into trying to teach others before having a procedure down is tricky, and potentially misinforming. 

However, with time, Yeremyah, a little experience will solidify your understanding of the software. Recently a question came up with a text explanation and, for the first time you followed, then expanded on the technique (instead of asking for a tutorial). So, your grasp of basic concepts and workflow has come a long way in the last month. With your dedication and enthusiasm, I think you're going to be one of the more valuable members of the community. 

• edited January 2016

Thank you Triem23. I understand your point of view.  However, I did jump in "too early" in your belief in making my first tutorial, but it's still doing very well as in feedback.  Read the feedback/comments for yourself, you will see.

Yet as I said, I understand your reasoning, as a too new beginner making tutorials can give other beginners wrong steps to do a task that can be achieved a lot better and more effective doing it the right way.

Thanks again.

Sign in to comment