Layers disappearing in 3D view

Hello,
not a really big deal for me, but worth mentioning: In a project I had several layers (Video (.MOV) and .PNG with alpha information, parts of them with a moving freehand-mask) in one Composite Shot and when adding the "smoke" preset, after tweaking and moving it a little, all other layers (except for the smoke) suddenly disappeared in the 3D layer window (having "View 2" switched on), whereas the Main Camera view stayed the (correct) same. The problem could be cured by saving, closing and reopening the project (without closing HitFilm as such).
General info: HitFilm Ultimate (latest update), 64 bit, Intel i5 - 750, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTS 450. Graphics card driver a bit older from 2010 (had not updated because of the OpenGL-Problem, but as this seems to be fixed now, I am probably going to update soon, if there is an update available).
I am not exactly able to reproduce the bug "at will" or send in the project with the problem actually occurring, because saving and reloading the project (which had not changed) fixed it. So all I can say is that it happened twice, after inserting the "smoke" effect and playing around with it a little.

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff

Hello,
    not a really big deal for me, but worth mentioning: In a project I had several layers (Video (.MOV) and .PNG with alpha information, parts of them with a moving freehand-mask) in one Composite Shot and when adding the "smoke" preset, after tweaking and moving it a little, all other layers (except for the smoke) suddenly disappeared in the 3D layer window (having "View 2" switched on), whereas the Main Camera view stayed the (correct) same. The problem could be cured by saving, closing and reopening the project (without closing HitFilm as such).
    General info: HitFilm Ultimate (latest update), 64 bit, Intel i5 - 750, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTS 450. Graphics card driver a bit older from 2010 (had not updated because of the OpenGL-Problem, but as this seems to be fixed now, I am probably going to update soon, if there is an update available).
    I am not exactly able to reproduce the bug "at will" or send in the project with the problem actually occurring, because saving and reloading the project (which had not changed) fixed it. So all I can say is that it happened twice, after inserting the "smoke" effect and playing around with it a little.

Hi HMF,
    I'm sorry for the delay in replying to you & also for the problems you've encountered. Firstly I would most definitely update your graphics driver, the most recent update for your card was the 1st of June 2011 & it is driver version 275.33. The Open GL problem was solved with the latest release build that you are currently running, so it is best to upgrade your driver now.
    You can find your driver here
    As for the issue you've encountered, if you can find steps to recreate it then please submit a ticket with the steps & we will replicate here in the Office. But I will certainly do some more tests here in the Office with the smoke effect & see if I can replicate the issue myself.
    Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated.
    Ady

Sign in to comment