Mocha Hitfilm Supported Formats?

What are the supported formats for mocha? Cause I have tried MP4, AVCHD and AVI and so far all of them are not compatible?

Comments

• I've tried AVC/H.264 in an MP4 file, and Cineform in an AVI file. Mocha did not have a problem opening them. I'm on Windows 7.

• Yeah I'm on windows 7 too it comes up with this message when I try open mocha too? 

Warning: Cannot connect to the MediaIOserver; QuickTime will not be available.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Is Quicktime installed? I have used mocha successfully with Mov, Mp4 and Avi files across the last three iterations of Hitfilm. 

• Yeah I have quicktime. Weird. I just got a new processor and graphics card so that might be it. I also had a windows system fail on Christmas eve which resulted in the tech guys having to reinstall windows so it might be that as well. Also all my programs got reset from that so that could have something to do with it. But I re-downloaded Hitfilm and quicktime so i'm not really sure how to fix this

• Bumping as I am still unable to use mocha

• motion jpeg, created with:

ffmpeg.exe -i %1 -c:v mjpeg -q:v 2.0 -dc 10 -an %1.avi

worked fine in Mocha bundled with HF3.

I guess image sequences would also work?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Sorry, FilmTech, I got nothing. I've put footage into mocha sourced from phones, dslrs, eng video cams, YouTube rips, stock video sites, across the range of MTS, AVI, MP4 and MOV, and never had Mocha not ingest correctly. 

Since Mocha is an Imagineer product, you might need to contact them. If this is a bug or code issue there's nothing FxHome can do. 

• @FilmTech Do you have multiple versions of HitFilm installed? Might be a conflict there if you do

• I do have multiple versions installed and ill try contact imagineer

Sign in to comment