Is this about right?

So I bought my new card ( hd 5670 2gb) and at first had some problems with general installation and windows problem. But after some tinkering, I think its about up to speed. Tell me if this is the performance I should be expecting:
I bring in a sill pic of a skyscraper and make it a composite shot. I go to put the preset "bonfire" on it. Scale it back some. Realtime preview is choppy. If I turn of smoke and embers, the fire plays in real time very smoothly. The generated fire in general plays pretty smooth too.
If I make a composite shot with 3 particle generators in it (fire, smoke, and a foreground fog) it takes a huge hit, previewing with lots of jitter.
The question is: is this about right? Since I've been having issues with the card(s. Two now), I wanted to know if I'm all fixed up on my end.
It plays Crysis on high! Lol. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Upon further searching, it seems the card it working within it's parameters. I'll just roll with it!
  • AdyAdy Staff

So I bought my new card ( hd 5670 2gb) and at first had some problems with general installation and windows problem. But after some tinkering, I think its about up to speed. Tell me if this is the performance I should be expecting:
    I bring in a sill pic of a skyscraper and make it a composite shot. I go to put the preset "bonfire" on it. Scale it back some. Realtime preview is choppy. If I turn of smoke and embers, the fire plays in real time very smoothly. The generated fire in general plays pretty smooth too.
    If I make a composite shot with 3 particle generators in it (fire, smoke, and a foreground fog) it takes a huge hit, previewing with lots of jitter.
    The question is: is this about right? Since I've been having issues with the card(s. Two now), I wanted to know if I'm all fixed up on my end.
    It plays Crysis on high! Lol. Thanks guys.

Hi Jond76,
    Sorry for the problems you've been experiencing. The pre-made 3D particle effects are the most intensive to render and won't often render in real-time (although we'll be working on improving this).
    It's also worth making sure your graphics drivers are up to date if you haven't done so already. Information on this can be found here.
    Hope this helps
    Thanks
    Ady

Sign in to comment