Update 1.0.1914 now available: media optimizations!

SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
A HitFilm update is now available for download. We recommend everyone grab this ASAP as it includes major optimizations for video playback. We're still working on some other optimizations but we wanted to get this one out to you guys right away.
The demo pages have been updated with the latest version, as have the links from your accounts.
Let us know how you get on!
Change log:
- Significantly improved speed of media file decoding & rendering (particularly for MP4, MOV & MPEG files)
- Fixed bug where Controls panel would incorrectly scroll to top when selecting/editing properties
- Fixed bug where cancelling and then starting a new export could result in a crash

Comments

• Hello there
    I currently have the demo version. Do I need to uninstall the old version before I install the new one or will the new one install OTT of the previous one
    thank you
  • Excellent! Will try it tonight.
    Btw, I think it might be helpful to make the announcement of the current update version a "sticky". I almost overlooked this one (which was, partly, because I wouldn´t have expected it to come so soon ;) ).

• Hello there
    I currently have the demo version. Do I need to uninstall the old version before I install the new one or will the new one install OTT of the previous one
    thank you

You don't have to uninstall the previous one, just install the new one on top, the installer will do the work for you !
  • edited July 2011

Fixed bug where Controls panel would incorrectly scroll to top when selecting/editing properties

Yaaay!! :)
    And the avchd improvement is awesome:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoJ2ENhtlm8
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited July 2011

Excellent! Will try it tonight.
    Btw, I think it might be helpful to make the announcement of the current update version a "sticky". I almost overlooked this one (which was, partly, because I wouldn´t have expected it to come so soon ;) ).

Yes, good idea. I've tweaked the topic title and pinned it to the top of the forum.
    You'll always be notified in-program about updates as well, as long as you're connected to the net, so you don't need to worry about missing an update. :)

Yaaay!! :)
    And the avchd improvement is awesome:

Wow, that is a big improvement! Glad to see it's making such a difference.
    We still have more optimizations to come, so stay tuned. ;)
  • Same here - fantastic improvement. From choppy to smooth. Even with some effects applied my native Nikon D7000 files now play smoothly!
  • edited July 2011
    of you have bought it how do you download the update? sounds a bit of stupid a question
  • Just go to your account page and redownload it on your 'Software' page.
  • WOW! Massive improvements - good work team :)
  • Works a little better
  • It just crashed on me.
  • Can you reproduce the crash, Kahveh? Do you remember what exactly you were trying to do when the program failed? If you can get that information to us, either on the forums here or in a Support Ticket where we can deal with it directly, then we can work to replicate the crash, find out what causes it, and solve the problem.
  • Funny thing - h.264 Footage now plays nearly (and sometimes even) Realtime, but DNxHD is as slow as before :D
  • CameraRick - yeah the optimization that has been implemented thus far was focused specifically on formats commonly used by current cameras, particularly DSLR's, but there is lots of optimization yet to come which should impact other types of footage, as well as effects created in-program.
  • Ok, I see. I just saw "MOV", where I thought this was for the whole Codec-Library.

Sign in to comment