Zooming with the mouse wheel

Okay so I have a little problem on how to zoom in and out in the viewer.
When you turn your mouse wheel, it doesn't zoom to the center of the viewer, but to the center of the whole project. This is quite annoying when I want to view some detail that's near the edge, I have to zoom in a bit, then reposition the view to find the detail again, zoom in again and than pan the view again... Any chance the developers could change it so it zooms to the center of the viewport? I think in most other video programs it's that way... :)

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion, that does make sense if they could implement it. I will pass it on the the developers for consideration.
  • Great, thanks Axel! :)
  • Yeah, makes sense. :)
  • edited July 2011
    Hello all,
    I have experienced this kind of thing too
    Further to Hikaru's idea......
    If you are working with a particular object/layer/clip and you have 'it' selected in your comp layer list, it would be nice to be able to have the object as the 'center of rotation' while rotating the camera's view, while zooming in, it will also zoom in on that selected object directly. If nothing is selected then maybe zooming and rotating on the 'Center of the Universe' will be fine.
    ;)
  • While we at it, I want to know: Is there a way to reset the Perspective View window? Sometimes I'm working on it and get it all messed up, but I can't reset it to default. Thanks.
  • Yeah, that could be useful as well, Rody. Good idea.
    pscamm - if you use the orbit tool, it should orbit around the object you click on. Try orbiting around a plane, for example.

Sign in to comment