Green screen problem

Ok, here is the exact breakdown of my issue:
-Create a composite shot
-Import my background plate (still pic)
-Import my green screened actor
-Key out screen with Color Diff, Spill Remove
Looks good. Now I want to blur my background plate to make it "out of focus"
-Add "blur" filter to background plate (radious: 10px)
And Viola! My video disappears! My actor has vanished. The footage is still in the composite shot, but cannot be seen in the preview screen (and doesn't render out either)
Thoughts?
edit: I updated my drivers to no avail.

Comments

• What video card do you have?
  • edited July 2011
    Radeon hd 5450. But only 512 mb on it. After some poking around I assumed that may be the issue. I have a better card on the way to me now.
  • AdyAdy Staff

Radeon hd 5450. But only 512 mb on it. After some poking around I assumed that may be the issue. I have a better card on the way to me now.

Hi Jond76,
    Yes unfortunately the Radeon HD 5450 is below minimum specification. So this is most likely causing the issue you described, what card do you have on the way?
    Thanks
    Ady
  • hd 5670 1gb. Lemme know if this'll work so I can cancel it if I need to! Thanks!
  • AdyAdy Staff

hd 5670 1gb. Lemme know if this'll work so I can cancel it if I need to! Thanks!

The HD 5670 is a good card, I'm not sure of the price difference between them but the Radeon HD 4770 gives you a little more bang for your buck as you can see here
    Might be worth checking that card out?
  • I will check it out. Thanks for the input :)
  • AdyAdy Staff

I will check it out. Thanks for the input :)

No worries, happy to help. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Have a good day

Sign in to comment