New laptop buying advice

I ordered a Dell XPS laptop yesterday and it has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 3GB graphics with Optimus. The sales rep told me it's top of the line and can handle all my video graphics needs [boy does that sound cliche! lol]
Will this be sufficient to work with HF Ultimate? If not- I'll cancel the order and get whatever you would recommend for a laptop.

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited July 2011
    That card should handle the software OK, although we haven't tested it internally so can't say for certain. Laptops will rarely be as powerful as desktop machines, but it does seem to be a fairly good mid-range card. Here's a YouTube review of it in action:
    http://youtu.be/BOllwcvlZwg
    Crysis might be about 3-4 years old, but running it with max settings at 20fps on a laptop isn't too shabby, really.
  • Thank you, Simon. Hopefully that will do the trick. If not, I'll have 30 days to send it back and try again....hope it doesn't come to that!
    I've never seen a company go so far to assist their clientele as FXhome does. It's so refreshing and greatly appreciated, I'm sure, by everyone! :)

Sign in to comment