Tracking data from Boujou

Hi
Did a quick search for this but nothing came up outlining the same issue. I'm playing around with tracking in Hitfilm/Boujou. The footage I'm testing with was captured on my iPhone so is in NTSC and I set up my Boujou project to be the same. I tracked the footage and have exported the data to .ma as suggested in the youtube video and up to that point everything is fine.
I started a new project in Hitfilm Ultimate (Demo) and set this up to use the same settings as the video also. Then, on importing the tracking data, it creates a new comp but the settings are set to PAL. I tried going into the comp properties and changing them but the data doesn't match up to the video clip. Basically, the tracking data runs slower than the video so becomes useless, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to change that.
I'm new to both Hitfilm and Boujou so I'm guessing I'm missing something simple. I've checked in the export options in Boujou to see if it's exporting out at PAL but can't see anywhere to chance this so my conclusion lies with HitFilm - any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• The framerate is most likely coming from Boujou, so double-check your setup there. You should still be able to change the framerate of the imported comp, however.
  • AdyAdy Staff

Hi
    Did a quick search for this but nothing came up outlining the same issue. I'm playing around with tracking in Hitfilm/Boujou. The footage I'm testing with was captured on my iPhone so is in NTSC and I set up my Boujou project to be the same. I tracked the footage and have exported the data to .ma as suggested in the youtube video and up to that point everything is fine.
    I started a new project in Hitfilm Ultimate (Demo) and set this up to use the same settings as the video also. Then, on importing the tracking data, it creates a new comp but the settings are set to PAL. I tried going into the comp properties and changing them but the data doesn't match up to the video clip. Basically, the tracking data runs slower than the video so becomes useless, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to change that.
    I'm new to both Hitfilm and Boujou so I'm guessing I'm missing something simple. I've checked in the export options in Boujou to see if it's exporting out at PAL but can't see anywhere to chance this so my conclusion lies with HitFilm - any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi,
    As Simon has already stated you should still be able to change the Frame Rate within a Composition. I have attached a picture showing my Imported Boujou Composition & where to click to change the Frame Rate.
    Thanks
    Ady
  • edited July 2011
    I thought it should be ok changing the comp framerate but on doing so nothing changed. The tracking info seemed to retain it's original speed and the time length remained the same. I ended up exporting the clip from fcp at 25fps which is a simple enough work around for now until I figure it out properly.
  • edited July 2011
    Boujou constantly changes your framerate to 25fps which is very annoying. Sam & Niko have a tutorial about this - note they set the framerate twice to fix it. I think they told me it's best to check when you reopen your docs as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1HPXHc5Cw
  • Aaaaah that's great to know, how annoying is that?! Thanks for that, will save some messing around in the future.

Sign in to comment