Clicking in controls panels scrolls to top

When I click on a new setting in the controls panel it scrolls to the top so I have to scroll down to where I was again. Very annoying.
Here's a step by step of what I mean:
[list]
[*]I select, say a particle simulator layer in the timeline.
[*]In the controls panel I twirl open a bunch of settings, like transform, material etc. Now the scroll bar appears beacause the list of settings is too long.
[*]I scroll down to a setting and click on it to change it. Immediately when I click on it the controls panel scrolls up to the top and I have to scroll down to where I was to change the value.
[*]This happens whenever I click on a value that isn't already selected.
[/list]
Does this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff

When I click on a new setting in the controls panel it scrolls to the top so I have to scroll down to where I was again. Very annoying.
    Here's a step by step of what I mean:
    [list]
    [*]I select, say a particle simulator layer in the timeline.
    [*]In the controls panel I twirl open a bunch of settings, like transform, material etc. Now the scroll bar appears beacause the list of settings is too long.
    [*]I scroll down to a setting and click on it to change it. Immediately when I click on it the controls panel scrolls up to the top and I have to scroll down to where I was to change the value.
    [*]This happens whenever I click on a value that isn't already selected.
    [/list]
    Does this happen to anyone else?

Hi dauid,
    Sorry for the troubles you've been having. I believe the issue you have described was caught in our internal testing & will be fixed in a future update. This problem only appears if you click the actual Property Name you want to edit rather than the Value. See my attached picture for a description of what I mean & where to click. I do apologise if I haven't understood your post correctly, but clicking the Value not the Property itself keeps the Controls Panel at it's current location.
    Thanks
    Ady
    [attachment=49:Forum Post.jpg]
  • No, clicking on the values makes it jump to the top for me as well.
    But it's good to know that a fix is on the way.
  • I had the same issue, and just clicking on the values doesn't fix it for me as well. Wouldn't be that much of a problem as typing in a number without seeing it isn't that hard, but if you're trying to drag a handle it's impossible to see which value you're on at the moment.

Sign in to comment