do need :) So is this possible?
Maybe with bezier curves?
Haven't looked into hitfilm yet ... import/export
file formats are prbly important too.

Comments

• Hi.
    You can animate all properties in the animate effect:
    [attachment=47:gradient.jpg]
    Just check out the demo to find out, if it fit your needs.
    Regards,
    Marc
  • Yeah, everything in the gradients is animatable. If you can explain in more detail how you intend to use animated gradients, we could probably offer more useful info, or try out the free demo, as Majahr suggests.
  • edited July 2011
    I would like to draw out a curve on a plane and animate a simple black&white gradient along the curve and export as image sequence to be used as an alpha to animate a scene in a 3d programm. Or to create a custom alpha blend for video...basically some kind of vector drawing I guess.

Yeah, everything in the gradients is animatable. If you can explain in more detail how you intend to use animated gradients, we could probably offer more useful info, or try out the free demo, as Majahr suggests.
  • Interesting! You could certainly get similar results in HitFilm, though the process might be slightly different. You can't animate a gradient along a path, strictly. As in, you can't draw a path and assign the gradient to follow it. But you can keyframe its position and rotation so that it would accurately follow the path.
  • edited July 2011
    ok :) been playing with some color gradients ... it really works. I'm happy :)

Interesting! You could certainly get similar results in HitFilm, though the process might be slightly different. You can't animate a gradient along a path, strictly. As in, you can't draw a path and assign the gradient to follow it. But you can keyframe its position and rotation so that it would accurately follow the path.
  • Awesome! Let us know how it turns out, and if you have any other questions.

Sign in to comment