Startup & NVIDIA driver issues

Ive just bought hit film the program crashes on render my pc more than meets the minumum spec according to the details I have one of the top spec machines for running hitfilm windows 7 64bit. it just crashes after creating a file name for the export. This was my biggest fear as visionlab did the same and i gave up and went with after effects now hitfilm is doing the same thing. I know all new software has bugs but it doesnt even render and if all my other software can its not my machine.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Hitfilm downloaded fine, but when I CLICK ON ITS ICON, NOTHING HAPPENS?
    STRANGE,I JUST RIGHT CLICKED ON THE HITFILM ICON, AND RAN AS ADMINISTRATOR. IT LOADED UP FINE. I ONLY HAVE ONE ACCOUNT ON MY PC, SET TO ADMINISTRATOR? OFF TO WORK NOW, BUT I'LL BE PLAYING WITH THIS WHEN I GET HOME....ARGH, CAPS.
  • HitFilmer - can you give us some more details please? What sort of thing were you trying to render, and what export settings were you using?
    If you could give us some more details we'll get right on it.
  • edited July 2011

Ive just bought hit film the program crashes on render my pc more than meets the minumum spec according to the details I have one of the top spec machines for running hitfilm windows 7 64bit. it just crashes after creating a file name for the export. This was my biggest fear as visionlab did the same and i gave up and went with after effects now hitfilm is doing the same thing. I know all new software has bugs but it doesnt even render and if all my other software can its not my machine.

It looks like I'm getting a similar result as HitFilmer147405. My system is at the low end of the specs (I have a Geforce 7600 with 512M of memory, but everything else is above minimum). I am able to create a 720p project, import mp4 video, and even do a color difference matte. But when I try to export, all I get is a "Loading" pop-up screen. My dual core continues to chew on something, but it never gets beyond that state. My test video is about 5 minutes long. The export has been "Loading" for about 90 minutes now with no change.
    I haven't gotten the "Your video card does not support the minimum requirements for this application" error. It just freezes up.
    Any ideas?
    [attachment=16:HitfilmScreenGrab.png]
  • Hi I do not have a low end spec machine. As far as The requirements are concerned I have medium to top range from the the table of requirements. everything runs quite smoothly and ive never seen green screen keying work better on any program and i have after effects cs 5 and visionlab. my main gripe is the export/render issue it just doesnt work. (im madmike onfxhome furoms I did rename on here but that didnt work either lol. maybe its the way i had to activate the software. maybe ill wait for my shiny box and do a clean install.
    it would help if I knew what formats of video hitfilm prefers. I test it with avi files that id worked on in ae. I had done some wonderful colour grading but to add certain effects hitfilm would be a doddle. if and when the export render issue is solved.
    Maybe I should try the 32 bit version but should I have to I downloaded the 64 bit version of ultimate as I have a pc with windows 7 and i7 processor so thats multicore 8g of system memory 2g on my radeon 5700
    i have 2tb of harddrive space.
    if there was a problem with system requirements id get some kind of lag in program.whatever information I can provide guys tell me. I just want the program to work then im a happy customer.
    It really does look like a great piece of kit but i think anyone will agree whether its one customer or two or more we need this fixed. thanks in advance.
    Tarn I think Ive answered all your questions above. apologies if ive missed anything out.
  • not sure if this will help.
    If i use footage from a canon 600d and render a 35 second clip but select entiretime i.e. five minutes it will render.
    if i try to render as mp4 it fails
    if i try to change to work area only it fails.
    seems a bit strange that it will let me render 4 and a half minutes of nothing but wont let me render 35 seconds
    if i try to render with footage ive rendered from ae that was originally avchd and is now avi it fails
    raw acvd it fails
  • adding a jpg to a second video layer also caused it to fail
  • I have a Geforce 7600 with 512M of memory

Sorry, but anything below a 7900GT isn't going to work. That really is the absolute minimum spec.
  • guys a little help?
  • HitFilmer147405 - Changing your name should work Mad Mike. What error are you having?
    We're looking in to these initial bugs a few people are having as an absolutely top priority. I know the issues with the Nvidia 460 graphics card were worked around with a rollback of the graphics driver (until we fix the issue).
    I'm not sure if your Radeon would benefit from downloading the latest driver? We'll keep you up to date on our progress.
  • Hi there, new to this forum...was looking forward to trying this great program, but alas, my Nvidia gtx 460 crashes as soon as I drop a file on the timeline ( anyone know what error 8 is? seems to be nothing at Nvidia database ).I run on Win 7 prof, 64 bits and 6 gb ram, so why does it fail? I tried a few tips I saw around here but no way. This seems to be a major bug...Is anyone not experiencing problems, and what configuration do you use? Maybe if we get more info we can solve this all together ;)
  • Welcome to HitFilm, 65rocks! Sounds like you're having the NVIDIA driver error. This FAQ post has full details on it and a workaround:
    http://support.hitfilm.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=8&nav=0
    We're working as fast as we can on a more permanent fix. Let us know if the FAQ doesn't help.
  • My girlfriend came home from the Florida Mall last night and surprised the hell out of me with a new video card.
    She bought it on sale at Tiger Direct/Comp USA. It's on sale till tomorrow in case anyone is interested and or needs one for a low price. You've gotta admit... $50.00 bucks aint bad considering that a dollar is really only worth .04 cents in the U.S.
    It runs pretty good but I had to unplug my pen and tablet in order to run HitFilm
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6594565&CatId=3669
    I'm really glad that I had to get a new video card because, well... Gimp is running super duper fast plus... I downloaded the latest stable version of Blender 2.58.1 and it is so damned smooth and renders so freaking fast.
    Franky likey. :D
  • wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo
    apologies Josh Tarn a new driver was released mid june.

• Sorry, but anything below a 7900GT isn't going to work. That really is the absolute minimum spec.

You need to specify that in you specs better then...
    Graphics card:
    Minimum: 512 MB video memory and support for OpenGL 2.0 or above and GLSL 1.2 or above. 1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 or higher recommended) running in 32-bit color mode
    Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or ATI/AMD Radeon HD 4600. 1024 MB or more video memory required for high definition projects with 16-bit color rendering

According to this, I do meet minimum specs. I do have 512 video memory, OpenGL 2.1.2, and GLSL 1.20.
    I just installed the demo on my wife's desktop It's an AMD quad Phenom, but only has a Radeon 4200 in it. I am getting the same result with that computer trying to render a test animation (to youtube). I can load clips, add a lightning effect, and watch it play back (slowly, but not as slow as the 7600). But when I tell it to export, it hangs at the 'Initializing Export' screen again. But this time, there isn't any CPU activity.
    My camcorder shoots mp4 files. I did try converting one to an AVI, but didn't have any better success.
    I'm planning on replacing this laptop after the first of the year with something nicer (This was a $1500 laptop when I originally purchased it), but had hoped to at least be able to get my feet wet with my current laptop until that happens.
    So any help would be appreciated.
  • Holy crap!!! On a hunch... I just re-installed the Voodoo camera tracker on my PC and what do you know?
    The damned thing actually works. I couldn't for the life of me get it to open an image sequences for the past 3 years. It never occurred to me that it was a video card problem. 8-|

I've been having to track footage by exporting an image sequence from my PC to a flash drive and into an XP laptop then save the track data back to the flash drive and import that data back into my PC. That was such a freaking chore because I had to borrow the laptop from my girlfriend whenever I needed to matchmove a clip, so I had to wait for her to bring it over. I just cut a load of waiting and waisting time by simply getting a new video card. :D Damn!!! Of all the retarded things for me to not know. 8-|
  • Do you have the latest drivers installed for the graphics cards on those machines, rtrowbridge?

Sign in to comment