Picture->Make composite shot->creates audio track

Is this a bug or a feature?
1) Create a new project
2) Import a single image
3) Place it in the editor
4) Select this event in the timeline & choose: Make composite shot
5) Go back to the editor
Now, there's a new audio event linked to this picture. If there was a previously placed audio (to make a slideshow), a new audio track will be created. Well, I think, if there's no audio before, don't create a new audio (-track), if converted to a composite shot...
Regards,
Marc

Comments

• Is this a bug or a feature?
    1) Create a new project
    2) Import a single image
    3) Place it in the editor
    4) Select this event in the timeline & choose: Make composite shot
    5) Go back to the editor
    Now, there's a new audio event linked to this picture. If there was a previously placed audio (to make a slideshow), a new audio track will be created. Well, I think, if there's no audio before, don't create a new audio (-track), if converted to a composite shot...
    Regards,
    Marc

In the sequence editor, there is a clear separation between visual and audio objects, but the same separation doesn't really exist in a composite shot, a layer can have video, audio or both.
    When you transform a visual object only to a composite shot, you don't know what the user is going to do inside this new composite shot, it can for example add an MP3 to play behind its slideshow. If the audio object was not present in the sequence editor, when you will be back to it and play the composite shot, no audio will be played. You can still have the behaviour you want by selecting your new made composite shot in the sequence editor, right click and select 'Unlink'. You can then select the audio object only and delete it. But, it's not a bug in the first place !
  • Hi.
    Okay...that's why I've asked, if it's a bug or feature :dry: No problem...I can live with it :)
    BTW: What's about keyboard shutcuts for group/ungroup (i.e. link/unlink)..? :D
    Best regards,
    Marc

• BTW: What's about keyboard shutcuts for group/ungroup (i.e. link/unlink)..? :D

There is none for now, but I will think about it for a future update.
    Thanks for your questions, can only make Hitfilm better ;)
  • Yup! Maybe, one time, we're able to customize the shortcuts...there're several topics / issues in the forum about shortcuts...I think, every user has other habits...so if it's possible to adapt already known shortcuts from other projects to Hilfilm....
    ...but this has a lower priority (of wishes)...
    Regards,
    Marc
  • User-modifiable shortcuts is something we'd definitely like to add. :)

• Yup! Maybe, one time, we're able to customize the shortcuts...there're several topics / issues in the forum about shortcuts...I think, every user has other habits...so if it's possible to adapt already known shortcuts from other projects to Hilfilm....
    ...but this has a lower priority (of wishes)...
    Regards,
    Marc

The customization of shortcuts is definitely something we have in mind for a future update, it make sense also for localisation and different keyboard layout.
    But there is two different request here, one is to add a new shortcut which doesn't exist, it will still be up to the development team to do that. Another is to let the user choose its own shortcuts, when it will be done, every user will be able to exchange there favorite shortcuts and choose the one they want to customize.

Sign in to comment