How to tint particle effects?

Hi.
I've (maybe) a stupid question:
How to I colorize/tint 3D-particle effects?
I've created a simple composition:
1) Camera
2) Matted footage (simple image with some chromo-keying-effects)
3) 3D-particle
4) Original footage
Okay..if I play the animation, my particles are only visible in front of the matte - fine. But the particles itself doesn't match to the enviroment (color & lightning).
What's the best way to make it more realistic?
I've tryed to place a grade-layer between (2) and (3), but this also affects (4).
Thank you,
Marc

Comments

• You probably want to create the particles as an embedded comp. You'll then be able to grade the embedded comp on its own, or use a grade layer inside the embedded comp, which would only affect the particles.
    Let me know if you need some more info!
  • edited July 2011
    Easiest way is to just change the colour and/or texture of the particles themselves (Emitter --> parcile systems --> appearance and appearance variation, then change texture and/or colour and colour variation etc).
    EDIT: apologies if you already were aware of this....above and beyond what I said, Simon of course provided the right advice.
  • Ahh...yep, you're right. I forget the possibility of embedding a previously created composite shot. Doing this, you're be able to use any 2D effect to fit the particles to the main comp (color correction, blur, ...). Thank you,...
    Regards,
    Marc

Sign in to comment