Tutorial: Color Grading Tips

Hey guys, so after messing around with different color correcting tools in Hitfilm I made these tutorials to show some techniques I usually use for Color Grading, and how you can get these effects in Hitfilm.
Below is Part 1, and part 2 is uploading right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R-e0qOzuf4

Comments

• RodyPolis, that was great! Really informative. Knowing things like saturating the red, and removing the magenta are exactly the kinds of things I like to learn!
    I know you asked about the length, and for me, as long as the information is useful, I think it can be as long as it needs to be. I think in this case, then length was just fine. For example, the "offical" tutorial on doing the 3D Reflection was much too short. The tutor moved around the program way too fast. I'll have to rewatch that one over and over before I'll be able to replicate it. I really like how you walked through each of the interfaces and made it easy to remember the steps. After watching your tutorial, I felt like I could jump right into HF and start playing around with it, rather than trying to decipher how you did it all.
    Thanks again!
    -joe
  • Hey thanks and glad you found the tutorial helpful! Did you also get to watch part 2? (just making sure) Got some time today and made a couple other tutorials about keying, and matching the green screen footage with the background footage. I will be releasing them soon. Be sure to subscribe to my channel and be updated with all kinds of cool stuff. Thanks.

• Hey thanks and glad you found the tutorial helpful! Did you also get to watch part 2? (just making sure) Got some time today and made a couple other tutorials about keying, and matching the green screen footage with the background footage. I will be releasing them soon. Be sure to subscribe to my channel and be updated with all kinds of cool stuff. Thanks.

I watched 'em both! I liked how you switched from the cool blue look to the action film look at the end of part two. Very nice. I'll subscribe to your YouTube channel for sure.
    Sounds like you're already done with your green screen tutorial, but you might still want to checkout the free green screen plates I posted about earlier in this same forum.
    Take care,
    -joe
  • They're both done and uploaded, just not published. I'll check out the plates. thanks
  • Good to see you doing these Rody - I'm sure users will find it helpful.

Sign in to comment