Getting Booted Out of the Website

OK- I've been meaning to ask this for some time:
What are CSRF tokens and why do they expire?
Does anyone else have problems with staying logged in? It may just be the computer I'm on, it isn't the best and it's way behind (still uses XP) but from time to time, sometimes a couple instances a day, I get booted out of the HF website and have to log back in. That's when I see the message that the CSRF tokens have expired. What the heck are they and can I buy more? @-)

Comments

• OK- I've been meaning to ask this for some time:
    What are CSRF tokens and why do they expire?
    Does anyone else have problems with staying logged in? It may just be the computer I'm on, it isn't the best and it's way behind (still uses XP) but from time to time, sometimes a couple instances a day, I get booted out of the HF website and have to log back in. That's when I see the message that the CSRF tokens have expired. What the heck are they and can I buy more? @-)

Hi StormyKnight,
    This is just a security feature & is honestly nothing to worry about.
    Thanks
    Ady
  • Thanks, Ady. Can I make a request?
    I don't mind so much having to log back in but when it happens I've usually gone to a thread and didn't notice I was booted out; so if I want to make a comment, I have to log back in and then find my way back to the thread again. Is there any way the web designers could work some magic and return people to the page they were on- like on youtube? If I start browsing on youtube without signing in first and then go to subscribe to someone's vids or make a comment, the login process returns you to the page you were on, not back to a welcome or community page. Would that be possible here? Maybe? Sometime down the road? Just curious.
  • We're aware of the problem with people not being redirected correctly when they login, it's definitely something we're looking to sort out as soon as possible.
  • I should have known you guys were on top of it. I'll shut up now. ;)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment