Anyone used HitFilm with a GoPro Camera.?

Title pretty much says it all but someone at work showed me some footage of a GoPro in action the other day and was amazed at the quality of it.
Has anyone here tried it with HitFilm.? I wondered if the compression it uses would have any adverse side effects when working with a green screen (i.e too many artifacts due to the compression).
Many thanks
Jay

Comments

• I do own a GoPro camera which I called my [color="#FF0000"]SUICIDE CAM[/color].
    But I haven't used it with any visual effects yet. From what I seen I whouldn't recommend using it for chroma keying do to it wide angle lens. But to get shot that you don't want to rick your expensive camera with then the GoPro is the way to go. Again the GoPro is good for special more rickly shots but unsewer on visual effects stuff.
  • edited February 2012
    I have two GoPro's, and the videos work fine everywhere. AFA greenscreen, it's no different than any other camera, other than the slight fisheye, but if you use the tall mode, it's minimal.
    Here's a GoPro vid using the still sequence mode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aj_sDqx6q8
  • Budwzr- I'll be right over. Mmmmmmm. Yummy.
    So the still sequence mode is like time lapse?
    Just out of curiosity, in what format does it record?
    BTW- I didn't notice any fisheye distortion.
  • Too late, those carne asada's are no mas.
    Yeah, you can set it to take stills every X seconds. The stills are PNG's, the videos are AVC/AAC in an .MP4.
    When I use the tall mode and crop in a little, it reduces the fisheye.
  • The GoPros are getting pretty popular. People are starting to use my motion sensor boards to control the GoPro also, for wildlife photography and videos mostly. I haven't gotten my hands on one yet, but have heard the same as above, that they take nice quality pics and vids.
    Gary
  • edited February 2012

Too late, those carne asada's are no mas.
    Yeah, you can set it to take stills every X seconds. The stills are PNG's, the videos are AVC/AAC in an .MP4.
    When I use the tall mode and crop in a little, it reduces the fisheye.

:( - for the "carne asada's are no mas."
    Thanks for the info! I'm still trying to decide what type of HD camera to get so now this is in the mix too. I think ultimately it will come down to a balance of price, quality and ease of use.

The GoPros are getting pretty popular. People are starting to use my motion sensor boards to control the GoPro also, for wildlife photography and videos mostly. I haven't gotten my hands on one yet, but have heard the same as above, that they take nice quality pics and vids.
    Gary

That's a great idea- wildlife pics. I'll bet you can get some real close up shots of birds on a feeder!
  • Go Pro's are pretty good. Only problem is when you use with waterproof case the sound is terrible.
  • Thanks for all your comments guys.!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment