License for how many computers?

Can I have HitFilm Ultimate (64bit) installed on my desktop PC at the same time as my laptop PC using the same license? Thank you for your help...

Comments

• Sorry to waste your time, but after reading the online ref manual, found the answer:
    "The HitFilm license provides a single activation at a time. If you install and activate the software on another computer your original installation will be deactivated and return to demo mode.
    Important: You can re-activate your software 10 times in any 12 month period. If you have used up all your activations please contact HitFilm support."
  • Well that's still good to know!
  • Personally I think every company should let you use programs on at least 2 different computers mostly because of mobility. I remember the days (back in Haiti) were one person bought the computer program, and the whole neighborhood benefited from that. So I guess that's one of the reasons I hate that for most programs now I would have to buy 2 copies just so I could have one on my laptop, and one on my desktop.
    I like that Hitfilm let's you have a full demo though. That way I could work on both my laptop and PC, but can only render on the PC.
  • I remember the days (back in Haiti) were one person bought the computer program, and the whole neighborhood benefited from that.
    Well to be fair, the average salary in Haiti is a helluvalot lower than Europe or North America, so it's hard to justify that sort of thing being allowed in the richer countries which are assuredly Hitfilm's main demographic (in fact what you described is labelled as piracy by almost all of the big companies like Apple and Adobe).
    Still, nice point about the demo, I think that's OP's answer - work on the laptop with the demo, then render on the desktop with the full version!

Sign in to comment