Audio problem/pop on longer exports

edited November 2014 in Express Support
Alright, I've had this problem for a long time and finally gave up trying to figure it out. It's sort of hard to explain, but basically the audio cracks and messes up as if it were the wrong sample rate, however that is not that case.
Attached is a clip from an AWANA video I was working on for a church.
[attachment=223:Audioproblem12.wav]
The problem seems to be with the audio from the video, details are as follows:
:)

Comments

• Try re-rendering it in a different program. I know you can convert files in VLC media player for free. If that fixes the problem, the codec was probably messed up.
    Hope that helps!
    -Keegs

• Try re-rendering it in a different program. I know you can convert files in VLC media player for free. If that fixes the problem, the codec was probably messed up.
    Hope that helps!
    -Keegs

I think I already tried that; I rendered the file to WAV to be easier to hear on here.
    Unless you mean that I should convert it before even importing to Hitfilm, I suppose that could work, but MP4 is the only "good" export option my video editor has. Wanted to retain as much quality as possible because it's going to be blown up on a projector during a church service.
  • As far as the actual audio issue, have you submitted a support ticket? That sort of technical compatibility issue is something probably best looked at by the developers, and if you submit it in a support ticket we can make sure the right people see it, so they can get you an answer.
    If quality is a major concern, then don't consider .mp4 a 'good' codec. Its great for final delivery, but for moving from one program to another during editing, its too highly compressed and lossy for retaining quality over multiple compressions. I'd recommend using uncompressed or some other intermediate codec instead. I realize this is slightly off-topic to the original issue, but thought I'd mention it.
  • edited February 2012
    That sample rate is too low. That's "phone line" quality, hence the popping. Although HF is displaying 48K, the file is NOT 48K.
    [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vBTxwG-yd0g/Tzc9-kyIrlI/AAAAAAAABA0/fRGPWPL9oaE/s416/snap066.jpg?gl=US[/img]
  • edited February 2012

That sample rate is too low. That's "phone line" quality, hence the popping. Although HF is displaying 48K, the file is NOT 48K.
    [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vBTxwG-yd0g/Tzc9-kyIrlI/AAAAAAAABA0/fRGPWPL9oaE/s416/snap066.jpg?gl=US[/img]

That file wasn't exported from Hitfilm, It was just an example I put together in Mixcraft to highlight the audible issue.
    Here's an actual file directly from Hitfilm. Also, I have the same problem with the audio with different export options as well. [Wouldn't let me attach, so using my own server to host.]
    http://www.storage.chimicherrychanga.com/video.mp4
  • edited February 2012
    Edit: and yes, this is a Hitfilm Ultimate problem. The original audio does not have the problem :)

The audio you are feeding HitFilm is no good. It's already messed up by YOU, when you first saved it.
    I'm talking about the .WAV file you attached in the first post.
  • edited February 2012

The audio you are feeding HitFilm is no good. It's already messed up by YOU, when you first saved it.
    I'm talking about the .WAV file you attached in the first post.

This is the video I'm feeding into Hitfilm; sounds fine during playback. It's after rendering through HF that the sound messes up.
    www.storage.chimicherrychanga.com/105.mp4
  • This happened to me a while ago. What I did was I unlinked the audio/video for the clip in question. Then I deleted the audio. Then get some kind of audio extractor (I used this one http://www.aoamedia.com/audioextractor.htm) and save the audio as a separate file (ie. mp3, wav ect.) and import that into your media. Then bring the separate file into your timeline and synch it up with your footage. It worked fine for me, although I'm still not sure what caused this problem.

• This happened to me a while ago. What I did was I unlinked the audio/video for the clip in question. Then I deleted the audio. Then get some kind of audio extractor (I used this one http://www.aoamedia.com/audioextractor.htm) and save the audio as a separate file (ie. mp3, wav ect.) and import that into your media. Then bring the separate file into your timeline and synch it up with your footage. It worked fine for me, although I'm still not sure what caused this problem.

Yeah, I suppose that's really my only option. Thanks for the answer.
  • I have this Problem myself.
    I hope they will fix it soon. :)
  • I have a problem with audio popping too, I can render a single composite shot and the sound will export ok, when I string several together and render them from the editor line to make a final I will have intermittent distorted popping audio
  • edited April 2012
    I too have this problem. And as "Thelurkerish" states, a small clip, or single composite shot is fine. But exporting a long clip, or several comps and video from the editor will always produce "pops" and if the clip is longer than about 5 minutes, the audio will gradually get out of sync over time as-well. I have submitted a couple trouble tickets about these issues. Right now I'm working on an 8 minute video and in Hitfilm the Audio sounds fine and scrubbing through it on the editor, the audio is in sync. But exporting the file produces an .mp4 that has "pop" and out of sync audio by the time yo get about 4 minutes into it.
    What I'm doing now, is exporting the video in 2 minute segments, then reconstructing it in Windows Movie Maker.
  • I have this problem too, even after the latest patch. Videos play fine in WMP, the popping doesnt start until its brought into HFU. Even before any editing. So annoying, time consuming, and creates more hassle. <sigh> oh well... trudge onward! :dry:
  • I am having this problem too. I import footage with sound from any camera which renders FINE in other editors. When it comes out if HitFilm the audio crackles, and the problem persists in HitFilm 3.

• IncredibleFootage - Sorry for the problems you've been experencing with your Projects.

Would you mind logging a support ticket here & sending a sample of the footage you are using with the issue. If you mark it FAO Ady, I can take a look at this right away & get this information back to the developers ASAP.

Thanks,
    Ady 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment