New Muppet Movie

Aside from me being a big kid and looking forward to the new Muppet movie, I found a really good article on the BBC regarding their effects process. One thing they talk about is performing multiple keys on some shots. Can Hitfilm do that I wonder..?
I find it amazing that they shot Sam the Eagle on a bluescreen.!
Article

Comments

• Blue screen is used when there might be green in the scene, like grass. Green Screen when there's blue, like sky.

• Blue screen is used when there might be green in the scene, like grass. Green Screen when there's blue, like sky.

Yes, but Sam the eagle is blue, so it's surprising that they shot him against blue, and not green.
  • edited February 2012

Yes, but Sam the eagle is blue, so it's surprising that they shot him against blue, and not green.

No, see, greenscreens are green, so when you shoot something green in front of it, it's better to use a bluescreen so it doesn't key the green out, you see.
  • I think I need more examples of things that are colors.
  • I read this article yesterday and thought it was really, really weird. It reads like an NVIDIA press release dropped through time to the 1980s, where a non-tech journalist write an article without actually understanding any of the concepts. The article seem to think the Muppet VFX are groundbreaking, when they're actually very standard - still very good stuff, of course, but nothing cutting edge.
  • Would be interesting to see if using multiple particle sims in HF could do similar crowd scenes. I know what you mean though Simon about the article. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the film as well.!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment