Effects / Presets Library in the pipeline?

Hi guys, just want to congratulate you on a great piece of software! I found the 3D effects set to be great (especially for my pet genre - action with guns). Though somewhat lacking in terms of variety of presets to choose from (especially when compared to the myriad of FXpresets available for EffectsLab). It would be great if you guys could include an effects library for downloadable / community created presets similar to that of the FXpresets Library.
What I also find sorely missing (even in the FXpresets Library) is a good blood gush effect (for stylized slow-mo) with the blood flying out in a thick viscous stream occasionally breaking into droplets (I hope you get the image). I shall be trying to use the particle simulator to try to create this effect. But I tend to believe that the best effect (pun intended) can only be achieved by a simulator engine that is setup for fluid simulation. Any chance of you guys adding such an effect to the built-in set for HitFilm?
Kudos once again, guys! =)

Comments

• Thanks Eugene!
    We will be working on something to replace the preset library from the Lab products. We have plans for something much better. ;)
    I really like the idea of some type of gore or blood hit engine! I'll talk to the developers about what might be possible using 2D techniques similar to the Fire. Thanks for the great idea and enjoy the software. :)
  • Hi Joshua.
    It'll be great to have the new preset sharing library/system. Shall be looking forward to it! :) It would be great if we could get the blood/gore presets/engine in. 2D's just fine. But perhaps having an option to add or remove a gradient effect that can be further tweaked (angle, size, intensity, etc) would greatly help us to make the blood appear more 3-dimensional. :D
  • If you want it more three-dimensional, you could always use the full particle simulator to create the effect. Though I can definitely see how some presets would be handy for many users.
  • You know- all this talk of blood splatters and such takes me back to the good ol' days when we actually hit each other to draw blood. :))
    All good ideas guys- keep up the good work!!!

• If you want it more three-dimensional, you could always use the full particle simulator to create the effect. Though I can definitely see how some presets would be handy for many users.

Hmm. Good point, Axel. Shall do some exploring in that direction! :D
  • Good to know you have plans for a preset library! I love VisionLab's library and have downloaded every preset I could think of a use for.
    One suggestion: It would be nice to have a tab on the website for the preset library with a Coming Soon page attached. That way we would see instantly that it is in the works and wouldn't have to search for this thread.
    Thanks for building this powerful program! I look forward to purchasing the full version!

Sign in to comment