Particle End-Scale property

Hi.
It would be cool to define the lifetime-endscale of a particle. Example:
Particles have a lifetime of 2 seconds. Now, I can define an endscale of 0%, so every particle will be scaled down to 0% between lifestart- and end.
[attachment=19:scaleit.jpg]
Regards,
Marc

Comments

• Yeah, as this was something easily done in VisionLab I expected somthing like that to be there in HitFIlm, and thought I were just too blind to find it... :/
  • edited July 2011
    Does the life time graph is not what you are looking for ? I think it give you enought power, even more than VisionLab.
    [attachment=20:LifeTimGraph.png]
    [attachment=21:LifeTimeColor.png]
    To get access to it, you need to click on the 'LifeTime' property which is available only in the composite shot panel inside the Particle Simulator 'Emitters > Emitter > Particle Systems > Particle System > Lifetime'.
    This property will switch the control panel to the LifeTime mode, which is why is not directly accessible inside the control panel itself for now.
    Hope that's what you want :)
  • Hi.
    Well, I didn't noticed that - I'll take a look on it, seems to be exactly what I mean - but with more flexibility... 8-|
  • Hehe, I was too blind... :") Thanks! :)

• Hi.
    Well, I didn't noticed that - I'll take a look on it, seems to be exactly what I mean - but with more flexibility... 8-|

Hehe, I was too blind... :") Thanks! :)

Great ! If you guys see any improvement we can make to it, please let us know ;)
  • @John:
    Maybe I'm blind, but where did I find the life time graph??
    Regards,
    Marc
  • edited July 2011
    Its on the timeline, with the other controls for the layer. Its a separate thing from the Controls panel, so it isn't listed there, you have to access it from the timeline.
  • edited July 2011

@John:
    Maybe I'm blind, but where did I find the life time graph??
    Regards,
    Marc

Here it is [attachment=23:ParticleSimulator.png]
    When selected, it will appear in the control panel.
  • Wow...that's amazing. Perfect 8-|

Sign in to comment