Rotating Stage?

Hello all. I am interested in getting a rotating platform to have my actors spin in place perfectly straight. Does anybody know where I can find one? I have tried putting my talents on a rotating chair but it looked very flawed and I want to get it to look more fluid. I have seen them in productions before but I can never find it anywhere. Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• Hello all. I am interested in getting a rotating platform to have my actors spin in place perfectly straight. Does anybody know where I can find one? I have tried putting my talents on a rotating chair but it looked very flawed and I want to get it to look more fluid. I have seen them in productions before but I can never find it anywhere. Please help. Thanks.

Using a couple of belts, and cogs and an electric drill you could easily be able to make one at home, they did something a bit like it on myth busters, but with a chair instead of platform as they were trying to find out cures for sea sickness, google it if you want, it should be cheaper than buying a rotating stage :)
  • Does it need to be motorised? And how big does it need to be? Big enough for a single actor, or multiple actors?
  • big for just one talent. I tried doing some things with rotating stools but it just does now work right. No it doesint have to be motorized just well enouph to spin the talent. Thanks.
  • Maybe try finding a 'lazy Susan', which are normally used on dinner tables to enable everybody to reach the food. As long as it could take the weight of a person I imagine it'd be good.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment