NEW, Old Spice ad!

here it is, my mate did the voice, i hope you like it, i did it in about 4 hours, a bit rushed, but did it make a big difference in the quality? you descide!
http://youtu.be/DQGEXFb_1Kg
Like favourite and most importantly, subscribe and comment!
thanks everyone :))

Comments

• Any feedback? Comment?,
  • cool! i like the way charlie walks into the boat. it was a bit hard to hear what he was saying though.
  • edited November 2011

cool! i like the way charlie walks into the boat. it was a bit hard to hear what he was saying though.

Thanks for the advice, I am gong to be on it like a shot, in fact I gave already contacted him to do a better one!
    Also is it the sound effects that r too loud, or the voice is too mumble like?
  • LOLOLOLOLOL. Three thumbs up!

• LOLOLOLOLOL. Three thumbs up!

Thanks, you didn't find the voice that bad did you?? Or was it not easy to understand?
  • edited November 2011
    I didn't quite understand the part at about 22-23 seconds. It kinda sounds like an edit (?). Otherwise I understood everything else just fine. I'm on a horse.
  • Very good film, this whole old spice thing has passed me by, so it wasnt until I went and the watched the original advert that I relised how clever your take on it was, .
    I quite like the idea of Charlie talking, I always watch your videos and was trying to think of what direction your series could take.
    personaly I think I would of rather spoofed the nature of the advert a bit more rather than jugst go for a straight recreaction, its amazing how they took something that in my opinion makes you smell like your Grandad and made it cool though

• Very good film, this whole old spice thing has passed me by, so it wasnt until I went and the watched the original advert that I relised how clever your take on it was, .
    I quite like the idea of Charlie talking, I always watch your videos and was trying to think of what direction your series could take.
    personaly I think I would of rather spoofed the nature of the advert a bit more rather than jugst go for a straight recreaction, its amazing how they took something that in my opinion makes you smell like your Grandad and made it cool though

Thanks, and yeah I will probably start spoofing things now! I just always wanted to do an old spice ad, :D but, now there r actually some old spices that smell quite fresh and not grandady, kinda surprising!! Haha

• I didn't quite understand the part at about 22-23 seconds. It kinda sounds like an edit (?). Otherwise I understood everything else just fine. I'm on a horse.

It says "it's an oyster with the two tickets to that thing you love, the tickets a now diamonds!" and my friend said it off a script os it is edited if that's what u mean? And thanks :)
  • Nice work Froi ! I liked how close to the original advert you got the different scenes- especially the transition to the boat. Your voice over mate did my favourite line justice ' I'm on a Horse!' - always cracks me up :D Great stuff!

• nice vid' froi :)

Nice work Froi ! I liked how close to the original advert you got the different scenes- especially the transition to the boat. Your voice over mate did my favourite line justice ' I'm on a Horse!' - always cracks me up :D Great stuff!

Thanks you! I'm glad you liked it :)
  • I like all you stuff Froi! :D I think like someone mentioned earlier- perhaps this is the next step for charlie/your lego stop motion- to have your characters talk-it would add an extra layer to your films i think. The voice over was clear and easy to understand, whether that's because i'm familiar with the adverts and the dialogue i'm not sure- but having some form of dialogue in your future projects could take them to the next level :D On the subject of future projects- have you decided yet what you're going to do ?- i remember you asking in another post for any possible ideas.
    All the best!
    Sam

• I like all you stuff Froi! :D I think like someone mentioned earlier- perhaps this is the next step for charlie/your lego stop motion- to have your characters talk-it would add an extra layer to your films i think. The voice over was clear and easy to understand, whether that's because i'm familiar with the adverts and the dialogue i'm not sure- but having some form of dialogue in your future projects could take them to the next level :D On the subject of future projects- have you decided yet what you're going to do ?- i remember you asking in another post for any possible ideas.
    All the best!
    Sam

Yes I am going to try and encorporate more speaking and dialogue :) , and I am always open for ideas for films, because it is hard to think of them week on week! Haha, well for the Charlie series it is lol
  • Excellent, every bit as good as the original.

• Excellent, every bit as good as the original.

Thanks dan!! I am going to do some more old spice ones, the next one is going to be the one where he does a building kick and explosion, it's funny though!

• It says "it's an oyster with the two tickets to that thing you love, the tickets a now diamonds!" and my friend said it off a script os it is edited if that's what u mean? And thanks :)

Ahhhh- I hear it now. There sounds like there's an edit in that area but now that you've pointed out the dialogue I hear it just fine.
    Keep up the great work! I think a few commercial type parodies would be fun and funNY. :P

• Ahhhh- I hear it now. There sounds like there's an edit in that area but now that you've pointed out the dialogue I hear it just fine.
    Keep up the great work! I think a few commercial type parodies would be fun and funNY. :P

Yes, I have decided to do some more old spice ones, but the ones where they shout "power" and go mad lol,
  • Hehe, really enjoyed that. A series of Lego recreations/spoofs of classic adverts/trailers could be amusing. :)
  • That was fun. You should do the Darth Vader Volkswagon commercial...

• That was fun. You should do the Darth Vader Volkswagon commercial...

You know what, I might just take you up on that! :D I just need a darth Vadar lol

Hehe, really enjoyed that. A series of Lego recreations/spoofs of classic adverts/trailers could be amusing. :)

Thanks Simon, any ads you want me to do, just ask :D
  • I'm also thinking of using other things rather than Legos, what do you think? Bit to risky or should I give it ago?
  • hehe that was great! Thought the voice acting went well with it too :)
  • Thank you sketch! I'm glad the voice was good :)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment