HitFilm 1.1 - What Are You Going To Do With It?

Hey guys,
Now that HitFilm 1.1 is released and what a massive release it is too. What are your thoughts on the update, new effects and what amazing things are you going to be doing with it?
Fire it up and lets push it to the limits folks.
Justin

Comments

• Like it but experienced my first lock up when changing a gunflash position.....hope it was a one off...
  • ooooo so many new toys to play with, going to have fun exploring everything
  • I've got lots of things planned, but Hitfilm is too much of a beast for my lowly computer. Hoping for a good black friday deal. Right now I'm running it on an AMD X2 with 4gb ram and an old video card. I'm actually surprised I can use the software at all.
  • I just purchased hitfilm ultimate, after playing with the demo (ver 1), what a huge improvement on the speed for the particles in ver 1.1. Big thanks for the update and the promo price! :)
  • I am already playng with the tracking feature that is amazing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHsnOFh8cIU
    Its just a test with a static hole image with mask and a very fast animation (looks terrible) in 3D.
  • im doing starring you! sereis. i put your face on my actors using 2d point tracking then use a bunch of other effects to make a cool vid. i havent installed it yet cause i nedd dads pasword but i have downloaded it!
  • I played with the tracking Feature and the Magnifying Effect... if the Magnifying Glass is on his Place you can see first, how it is naild on the Picture, so i deleted some Tracking Points in between...
    Have Fun! :-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wzkKqoabYI
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Something I've been meaning to do for a while is a short film which has a particle cloud as a character, which expresses itself through pulsing/colour/movement/etc. It's only a seed of an idea at the moment, but I think it could be quite fun.
    It's something that will require a lot of tracking and, obviously, particle effects, so I've been looking forward to HitFilm Ultimate 1.1 myself - it opens up lots of new opportunities.

• I am already playng with the tracking feature that is amazing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHsnOFh8cIU
    Its just a test with a static hole image with mask and a very fast animation (looks terrible) in 3D.

hey its the Zubarra !!!

• Something I've been meaning to do for a while is a short film which has a particle cloud as a character, which expresses itself through pulsing/colour/movement/etc. It's only a seed of an idea at the moment, but I think it could be quite fun.
    It's something that will require a lot of tracking and, obviously, particle effects, so I've been looking forward to HitFilm Ultimate 1.1 myself - it opens up lots of new opportunities.

Sounds like a great idea Simon, it would be uniquely Hitfilm too.
    So far Ive just been messing around with some of the basics and did a quick upload to look at the new uploader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nXOZ897qZc
  • We've been working hard on some new episodes and HitFilm 1.1 will play a large part. Stay tuned :)
  • Looking forward to those, Sketchwork! You don't need to do your tracking in AE anymore. :P
    Lurkerish - nice test there. :D I think the 'one man and his particle cloud' idea could be fun, if it had the right tone. I'm thinking of it like the short films Pixar puts on the front of its movies, or a bit like The Snowman (a UK Christmas TV classic), kind of bittersweet and whimsical.
  • Some of these tests are really beautiful already! I especially liked the magnifying glass by Grisby and the test Thelurkerish did- it was very hypnotic! I also love your idea Simon of the particle cloud character- the changing moods using differnt colours and perhaps even the denseness (is that a word?) of the particles to show emotions is one of the best and unique ideas i've heard for ages. I hope you do find a way to make it work!
    Good luck to everyone with their ideas and congratulations on the tests you've done so far- they all look great!
    Sam
  • edited November 2011
    I know I've been absent from the forums for awhile, but I followed every bit of 1.1 news I could get my hands on (lurker, I know). When it came out, I downloaded it right off the bat and finally got to give it a try few days back.
    So far, I've only done a test with the motion tracking since I've got a glut of back projects. However, there is one shot in my very late VFX party video video that I regret I went off the tripod with when I should have kept it locked down. I've been jonesing for a background plate for it ever since to fix an oversight and I think I'm going to see if I can stabilize the shot with the feature tracker which will allow me to use a previous frame for a background plate.
    I'm super excited about all the new features but with 2 wedding videos and a memorial video to complete around the holidays, I'm not sure I'll be able to really open up on it till next year. We'll see!
  • I'm planning on making some war themed videos hopefully, I've got tons of guns, Action Essentials 2, Canon T3i's, and Hitfilm Ultimate..... now to find some people.......
    In other news I'm running it on a custom build, AMD Phenom II 1090T, 16gb DDR3, and 2 Radeon 6870's crossfired it renders... fast! :D
    I also own Adobe CS5.5 production premium, but I hate using it, HitFilm is 10x the program :D
  • So far, I've only done a test with the motion tracking since I've got a glut of back projects. However, there is one shot in my very late VFX party video video that I regret I went off the tripod with when I should have kept it locked down. I've been jonesing for a background plate for it ever since to fix an oversight and I think I'm going to see if I can stabilize the shot with the feature tracker which will allow me to use a previous frame for a background plate.

Depending on the nature of the shot you might not need to stabilize it - you might be able to retain the handheld nature of the shot, and track the background plate to the wobbly motion.

• I'm planning on making some war themed videos hopefully, I've got tons of guns, Action Essentials 2, Canon T3i's, and Hitfilm Ultimate..... now to find some people.......
    In other news I'm running it on a custom build, AMD Phenom II 1090T, 16gb DDR3, and 2 Radeon 6870's crossfired it renders... fast! :D
    I also own Adobe CS5.5 production premium, but I hate using it, HitFilm is 10x the program :D

I have an AMD Phenom II 1100T in this rig, but only 8 gb of ram, it runs HitFilm and all my 3D progs great. Might up it to 16 gig of RAM later on, but so far so good.
  • Well, here's what I did with 1.1:
    WARNING: This is creepy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_pHvjK_uyE

So, I was browsing the internet when I found a picture using the effect above, so I decided to recreate it using hitfilm.
    Here's how it was done:
    After masking out the mouths, I placed them on my face, color corrected them to match, tracked them to my face and used a bilateral blur to smooth it all out.
    It actually is pretty strange knowing you created something this unsettling. :mellow:
  • lol noisemaker209, that's just too trippy :)
  • wow Noisemaker that is well done and as you warned very creepy. It reminded me of the Corinthian from the sandman comic

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment