Lego battlefeild 3

Here is my latest video, its charlie playing his new game!
http://youtu.be/3XNxZbz5aqY
Rate, comment, favourite and most importantly, subscribe!
any advice, and what you huys found cool??
and any sujestions for what i should do in the future? :D

Comments

• Do ya like the magazine reload bit, the back plate was a bit off and the lighting was different , So I would l,I've to know if you guys found it 'satisfactory'?
    I am thinking about doing a mine craft series, do you think it's a good idea?
    :D
  • One problem I came up against when I did flash animations years ago was the pace and editing. I needed to speed up the pace in areas and cut things a lot tighter before that action would really flow as I'd intended.
    Your film there is great and having done some stop motion animation myself I can really appreciate the time and effort that's gone into this short, but that's where we get tied up! For example, after the clip reload we watch the character walk off the screen. It doesn't last very long but for some random person watching who doesn't animate, it could be too long. To the likes of me it's great to see such smooth animation and to cut it short would feel criminal, but the audience is who we need to think of.
    Basically - great animation, v good framing, v good action for such a film, needs trimming for a better flow.
    No doubt you've already seen this video but it kind of shows what I mean. We never watch the character walk around for the achievement of the animator, it's always for a reason or there's something else going on in the frame to entertain. Sorry to go on nailing at that 1 thing but I think if you hit that on the head you'll be producing some really good stuff!
    http://youtu.be/Ua5qh40x4KA

• One problem I came up against when I did flash animations years ago was the pace and editing. I needed to speed up the pace in areas and cut things a lot tighter before that action would really flow as I'd intended.
    Your film there is great and having done some stop motion animation myself I can really appreciate the time and effort that's gone into this short, but that's where we get tied up! For example, after the clip reload we watch the character walk off the screen. It doesn't last very long but for some random person watching who doesn't animate, it could be too long. To the likes of me it's great to see such smooth animation and to cut it short would feel criminal, but the audience is who we need to think of.
    Basically - great animation, v good framing, v good action for such a film, needs trimming for a better flow.
    No doubt you've already seen this video but it kind of shows what I mean. We never watch the character walk around for the achievement of the animator, it's always for a reason or there's something else going on in the frame to entertain. Sorry to go on nailing at that 1 thing but I think if you hit that on the head you'll be producing some really good stuff!

I'd make it shorter but people wantedmitmtombe longer, so I made it as long as it could be lol :P
    I rushed the muzzle flashes a bit too because if I were to do it properly it would have taken me another hour or so :/
  • I'd agree with Nutty Banana with regards to editing. When I animate I try and change camera angles every 2 seconds to keep the pacing fresh and fast (links in my sig to my page if you wanna have a look).
    Nice work on the fx though and your animating style is really growing so good work.!
    Cheers
    Jay

• I'd agree with Nutty Banana with regards to editing. When I animate I try and change camera angles every 2 seconds to keep the pacing fresh and fast (links in my sig to my page if you wanna have a look).
    Nice work on the fx though and your animating style is really growing so good work.!
    Cheers
    Jay

Yeah, I find camera movements hard in stop motion, but I can do it in real life pretty darn good! Lol, and longer shots (length ways) in fight scenes, like one to one combat is better, so it doesn't end up like Bourne ultimatum films, but there weren't any fight scenes in my film there lol :P
    Thanks for advice!
  • Yeah I agree with you, camera movement in stopmotion is pretty tricky and something I haven't bothered to have a go at yet. There's a guy on YouTube called xxxFancypants who has made a couple of good tutorials on the subject though

• Yeah I agree with you, camera movement in stopmotion is pretty tricky and something I haven't bothered to have a go at yet. There's a guy on YouTube called xxxFancypants who has made a couple of good tutorials on the subject though

Cool, I watched them, they are very helpful, also... I usually do different angles n stuff, but I thought I would go for a more 90 degree approach n see how popular it will be, it is on 80 views within 3 days, so it's the most popular so far! Haha
  • Overall, I might use the effects u guys told me about, and improve what needs improving over the next few episodes, I'm thinking of dong a minecraft one,
    Episode 1- building a house
    Ep 2- getting supplies, chopping down wood, etc
    Ep3- fighting creepers and stuff, using bow and arrows
    Ep4- making a minecrat track,
    How does it sound, I just came up with the ideas on the spot (just now) so tell me what ya think, and tell me what u think I should do! Thanks everyone! ;)
  • hey froi !
    pretty good animation, I loved when he reload ! :)
    the music came for assassin's creed ? no ?

• hey froi !
    pretty good animation, I loved when he reload ! :)
    the music came for assassin's creed ? no ?

Thanks, and it does sound like assassins creed doesn't it! But it isn't, my friend made it for me :D
  • Hi everyone, I need some help deciding between two future series, should I do a Lego series on a police man facing a different crime a week, or a super hero one where he has to face a different katasteophy a week?
    Which one?
    If you vote and gimme your YouTube account, I will try to mention you in the description of what ever series that gets the most votes!
  • Hey, thats pretty cooool! Do you do stop motion with a still camera or somehow using a video camera??

• Hey, thats pretty cooool! Do you do stop motion with a still camera or somehow using a video camera??

I use a Sony camcorder and put it on picture mode :)

• Hi everyone, I need some help deciding between two future series, should I do a Lego series on a police man facing a different crime a week, or a super hero one where he has to face a different katasteophy a week?
    Which one?
    If you vote and gimme your YouTube account, I will try to mention you in the description of what ever series that gets the most votes!

Go with the Superhero. The new Marvel and DC Lego ranges will be rolling onto the shelves from January. The Batman range looks really nice.!

• Go with the Superhero. The new Marvel and DC Lego ranges will be rolling onto the shelves from January. The Batman range looks really nice.!

Yeah I will do now! And I might build a story up through each episode so at the end I can turn it into a film, also I have seen some super heroes online but at the moment a batman is £30!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment