Love the new layout!

What do you guys think about the new web page? !

Comments

• It blew my mind!! :))
  • Did it really change that much? I mean the upgrade option is nice but I didn't even notice a difference.
  • I think it's really cool that you guys are teaming up with Sony Vegas. It's about time the PC-only editors stick together!
  • My favorite feature of the update is the fact that the Requirements pages have lists of compatible graphics cards now. Really handy for support.
  • I like the bundle deals you want. It just like the ones you have for Vision Lab. It kind of make me sad for the what I have now is better because I remeber wanting the bundle deals for Vision Lab back in the day.
    I love this interactive features you have for this layouts.
  • Looks good! And it was cool to get a little sneak peak at the 2D tracking feature, it will be good im sure!
    8-|
  • Yep - love it. You are using nice techniques, like the auto-fixed section rows, ...
    Keep up this great work,
    Marc

• I think it's really cool that you guys are teaming up with Sony Vegas. It's about time the PC-only editors stick together!

Did this website become PC only with the updates?
  • Well Sony Vegas is PC only, and Hitfilm is currently PC only, so that's what I meant.

• Did this website become PC only with the updates?

The HitFilm software has always been Windows only. The HitFilm.com community is open to all filmmakers/filmwatchers, though, regardless of software and hardware.
  • edited November 2011
    I really like it. This place just keeps getting better and better. Great work by Axel on the keying tutorial as well. I do find though that either the Chroma Blur or the version for Ultimate users (can't recall the name of the key effect) make little effect to my greenscreen footage. It's probably my shoddy camera work to be honest though :(
  • Thanks. How much did you turn those tools up? If you jack up the UV Blur or the settings in the Matte Cleaner, they should have a pretty drastic effect.
  • Along with it saying what kind of graphics cards u need, can u say some good, cheap computers that can run it too! Because I am getting one soon and I need to make sure it is the right spec for editing!
  • There are far, far too many computers out there to make a list. Instead, what we have provided is a list of minimum spec, so you can match any computer you are considering to the requirements, to see if it will do.

• There are far, far too many computers out there to make a list. Instead, what we have provided is a list of minimum spec, so you can match any computer you are considering to the requirements, to see if it will do.

Well I am thinking of getting a mac because they should definatley be able to run it! So I would have to get windows on it which I recon I can do, as I know macs that have windows on them. Also would hitfilm work on macs with windows? Or does it need to have the right motherboard or something ?!
    Thanks
  • edited November 2011

Well I am thinking of getting a mac because they should definatley be able to run it! So I would have to get windows on it which I recon I can do, as I know macs that have windows on them. Also would hitfilm work on macs with windows? Or does it need to have the right motherboard or something ?!

Erm, why do you think a Mac should definitely be able to run the software?
    Unfortunately the vast majority of Macs have relatively poor graphics cards which makes them far from ideal for running HitFilm. No Mac laptops have powerful graphics cards and only the very top end iMac does have a quite decent graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB) but its still only the type you would find in high end Windows laptops.
    There are significantly more powerful graphics cards (and processors) in PC desktops costing much less money. This is why HitFilm is Windows only software.

• Thanks. How much did you turn those tools up? If you jack up the UV Blur or the settings in the Matte Cleaner, they should have a pretty drastic effect.

I'll give it another go. The choke does what you'd expect but I found that just applying the filters didn't have the same effect as your tutorial showed. I'll be sure to give it another go though
    Thanks for the reply.!
    Jay
  • Ah, I see. That's one tricky thing about those type of effects, I guess. The results can vary hugely from one bit of footage to the next. But then, that's why there are adjustable controls, to compensate. :)
  • edited November 2011

Erm, why do you think a Mac should definitely be able to run the software?
    Unfortunately the vast majority of Macs have relatively poor graphics cards which makes them far from ideal for running HitFilm. No Mac laptops have powerful graphics cards and only the very top end iMac does have a quite decent graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB) but its still only the type you would find in high end Windows laptops.
    There are significantly more powerful graphics cards (and processors) in PC desktops costing much less money. This is why HitFilm is Windows only software.

i thought about the mac because thats what most film editors use to edit, but now that you mention about the pc i will look further in to it, do you know any good, cheap computers that can run hitfilm and other effects softwares like after effects and the 3d motion tracking?
    thank you!
    http://www.eflexcomputers.com/cheap-desktop-computers/product-intel-desktop-computer-dual-core-3ghz-500gb-hdd-4gb-ddr3-ram.html you recon this could easily run it?

• http://www.eflexcomputers.com/cheap-desktop-computers/product-intel-desktop-computer-dual-core-3ghz-500gb-hdd-4gb-ddr3-ram.html you recon this could easily run it?

HitFilm is heavily reliant on the power of your graphics card. The PC you linked to doesn't mention a graphics card, which almost certainly means it comes with an integrated graphics chip (likely of the low-end Intel variety). I would highly doubt that it could run HitFilm.
    If you were thinking about purchasing a Mac, then I guess it means you have a little bit more money to spend than your chosen system seems to imply. If so, then a system like this gives a lot of bang-for-the-buck. Plus if you upgrade the bundled graphics card to something a little meatier (like the 560Ti), then you'll have a beast of a machine on your hands! Not only will it run HitFilm (and any 3D motion tracking software) very smoothly, but you'll be able to play all the latest PC games at jaw-dropping settings. B-)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment