Battlefield 3 & HitFilmers

Playing Battlefield 3? In that case, you'll want to sign up to the HitFilmers platoon. I barely know what I'm doing, seeing as the game only came out in the UK today, but hopefully this link will work:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391338634877/
Depending how platoons work this might be for PC gamers only - but, then, you'd be mad to play a Battlefield game on anything else. ;)
See you in-game.

Comments

• I played the beta on my brothers xbox and loved it. I then downloaded the PC version and realized my graphics card isn't anywhere near what it should be. I'll definitely pick up a copy after I get a new graphics card.
  • Nice one. I just upgrade to an NVIDIA 560ti, which seems to be the sweet spot at the moment for power-to-price. It can run the game on ultra settings no worries, and it looks stunning.
  • Nice one Simon! I got my copy of BF3 on wednesday, but could not activate it until thursday. Singleplayer story is ok, but multiplayer rocks! It's looks to be a GREAT game! Had fun each time i've gone online to play multiplay.
    I will for sure join the hitfilmers platoon!
    :)
  • What's up with that hideous logo? ;)
  • I'm a little torn on this one. On one hand, I want to experience the graphics and sound, but on the other hand, I suck at multiplayer shooters. I don't know if I think it's worth it to pay full price to play just the single player game, but at the same time, I would at least like to try MP with some HitFilmers. But then again, there's Uncharted 3 and Skyrim mere days away... So torn.
  • Aculag - I've really, really enjoyed the SP, which I didn't expect given the dismissive reviews. It's certainly nothing new in terms of game design or story, but I've been thoroughly entertained. And a few of the missions are genuine classics, I think (one is very reminiscent of THAT shootout in Heat). And the visuals (on PC) are worth the price of admission alone, if you ask me (which, yes, I know is the exact opposite argument I give to movies like Transformers 2, but gaming is a younger medium, so sue me).
    I haven't even got to the MP or the co-op yet. I also suck at MP, but the great thing about the BF series in general is that you can find something you're good at and go with it. Crap at close-quarters shooting? Be a sniper. Crap at shooting in general? Fix things. Scared of the ground? Be a pilot. Etc. It's not like CoD/Counterstrike, where if you're not a 14 year old gun fanatic you won't last more than 5 seconds.
    Pooky - I couldn't find a way to actually import an image (ie the proper hitfilm logo) as the platoon logo. Any ideas?
  • You gotta get all artistic and combine the basic shapes it gives you into what you want!
  • Battlefield 3 ftw ! :D
    I'm gonna buy it ! and for sure I'll join Hitfilmer platoon ;)
  • Okay, you convinced me. I'll be checking this out later today probably. I'm just assuming that if my computer runs Crysis 2 with max settings, that this should also be no problem. Fingers crossed.
  • PS3 ftw
  • I love my PS3, but when it comes to Battlefield it's really got to be PC. :)
    I've now had a brief go at the multiplayer, and discovered that I am indeed terrible. Good fun though. :D
  • edited October 2011
    I got started on the SP last night and it's a blast so far. I think my graphics card is near the minimum spec, which means I'm getting some stuttering issues on Ultra settings, so I have to settle for High. UGH. ;) Still, the game is utterly beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen better particle effects in a game. Hooray for DX11!
    I recently picked up a pair of studio reference monitors for my music production needs, and I've been using those for basically everything. Even without the amazing graphics, the sound design alone is worth the cost. The sounds are just incredibly life-like, and playing with the volume up on those monitors is sublime. The detail is astounding. This and Forza 4 have the best sound design of the year in my opinion.
    Hopefully we'll all be able to hobble around and suck at multiplayer together one of these times.
  • BF3 Win 60 game industry award, 80 nomination at E3 (whose Best action games and Multiplayer of the year )
    Thanks Frosbite 2 and Dice for givin to us a REAL action game ! :D
  • I just cant play games on the pc, but game looks bad A--!
  • I can't wait to play this game, i've been looking forward to it for ages, sad i know, but everything about it looks like it's going to blow every other fps out of the water. Sadly my xbox is knackered and my pc is knowhere near good enough to play it in the detail it deserves. I'll just have to wait :(
    Speaking of battlefield 3- has anyone else seen this on the gadget show ? :
    http://youtu.be/eg8Bh5iI2WY
    How much fun would this be ?
  • That's awesome. I'd love to try something like that.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Corridor's latest sketch is well worth a watch if you've ever played BF:
    http://youtu.be/V9AkvnSYO8s
    It's every bit as good as the poster image would suggest.
  • That vid was great! The battlefield definately had a BF vibe to it. I can't believe how amazing all the effects and attention to detail was put into what essentially was a comedy- the action was better than any i've seen in serious action focused films! These guys keep getting better with every film!
    On the subject of the battle simulator- how great would it be if something like this got developed commercially? You could have somewhere that is built specifically for games like this- it'd be like going laserquest or paintballing only better! :D
  • edited October 2011

Corridor's latest sketch is well worth a watch if you've ever played BF:
    http://youtu.be/V9AkvnSYO8s
    It's every bit as good as the poster image would suggest.

Yes it is amazing, and some of the effects make me ask, how did they do it? Such as the ones as they fly throughs the air after being defribulated, if that's a word,
    Did they use green screens or complicated harnesses, can't wait for the behind the scenes!

Also apparently the campaign in bc3 is rubbish? Is this true?!?! I am getting it soon.

• Also apparently the campaign in bc3 is rubbish? Is this true?!?! I am getting it soon.

I wouldn't say it's rubbish, but it doesn't exactly break any new ground. I'm a few hours into it and so far it's basically the same story as any other modern combat FPS. Stop the bad guys who may or may not have a nuke, get blown up, kill dudes, repeat. I'm having a lot of fun with it though, and as said before, it's stunning to look at and listen to.
    And that Corridor video is great. Those guys just get better and better.

• I wouldn't say it's rubbish, but it doesn't exactly break any new ground. I'm a few hours into it and so far it's basically the same story as any other modern combat FPS. Stop the bad guys who may or may not have a nuke, get blown up, kill dudes, repeat. I'm having a lot of fun with it though, and as said before, it's stunning to look at and listen to.
    And that Corridor video is great. Those guys just get better and better.

That's good, the campaign won't let me down then haha! But I can't wait for the multiplayer, helicopters, cars, tanks, jets etc!
  • one of their best vid' :)
  • edited November 2011
    IMO the BF3 campaign plays like a much prettier version of Modern Warfare, only with completely terrible quicktime events and slightly inferior mechanics. When I say terrible, I mean that it's basically "Press E!" and then you watch a first person cinematic of you beating up a dude. It even has that "FOLLOW!" mechanic from Black Ops which I hated so damn much. Characters will also knock you out of the way to open doors, or even knock you out of cover into the field of fire to take your place.
  • I added a little BF3 related to my signature. If anyone else wants to do the same, check this out: http://bf3stats.com/graphics.
    Tip: Its supposedly better to use a hand controller to control/drive vehicles, faster response, and of course for planes/jets and helicopters its almost impossible without.
  • It even has that "FOLLOW!" mechanic from Black Ops which I hated so damn much. Characters will also knock you out of the way to open doors, or even knock you out of cover into the field of fire to take your place.

Yeah, these things really bug me. In fact, the whole checkpoint system seems a little broken. Early in the game, I was in a heated battle, and decided to take a sniping position to help out my bros. I'm sitting there, sniping dudes left and right, and they're just continually replacing themselves. All the while, there's a helicopter hovering overhead that isn't moving or doing anything at all, just sitting there in the firing line. Turns out I was meant to go jump up on a mounted gun and shoot for a pre-determined amount of time before a cutscene. But why do I have to do that? There are like seven other guys who are just hiding behind cover, so why do I have to leave cover just to trigger a cutscene? Only after I got into the gunner seat did the chopper finally move, and the story progress. If you don't get to the checkpoints, the battle will just keep going forever, which makes no sense. I know it's better for the player character to progress the story, rather than have the NPCs do it for you, but sometimes it would make more sense for it to just happen whether you've stood on some arbitrary spot or not.
    That and the super distracting "my face is a camera lens that's constantly covered in dust" thing, which sometimes looks awesome, but never seems realistic at all, are my major complaints. And the team members pushing me out of cover so they can have their scripted positions and I can get shot in the head.
  • Heh, the dusty-eyes thing is bizarre, given that at no point does the game suggest you're wearing goggles or glasses. The pre-rendered cut-scenes are also bizarre, as they're pretend-shot with the filthiest camera lens ever, that no cinematographer would ever accept, even if they were going for grungy.
  • edited November 2011
    And apparently they're in some sort of sawmill where dust is constantly snowing down all around them. Must get hard to breathe in there.
    Also, I could understand the dust on the eyes thing being explained away as the character having a visor with a HUD (even if this is never shown), but sometimes the flares have that distinct aperture blade look, which makes no sense at all. Maybe we're not seeing through the character's eyes, but he has a camera mounted on his helmet or something.
  • Heh, indeed. If it was a 3rd person game it'd also be fine.
    Still, for all my complaining I've had a great time playing the campaign. I've not encountered any scripting errors - I guess I just happen to have taken the path the devs wanted me to take. I've heard a few instances such as you describe, though, which is pretty sloppy in a scripted game.
  • Just bought the game myself lads, I played BF2 for years with my brothers. Its been a while since i was gaming but i just couldnt help myself. See you in game

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment